Fired up the boiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhyme71

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Fired up the boiler tonight with some yellow pine slabs my buddy had given me from there mill. Never really burned pine in her before, man thats stuff burns hot!! The wife calls when i got to work and said the OWB is overheating at 203 degrees. Well shoot thats not good. So i had her check the damper on it and sure enough it had a piece of junk jamming it open. Well the wife took care of business and we got of the phone and i thought she was goin back to bed. Nope. Not even close. she sent me 9 text messages and this is how they read.
1 down to 200 now
2 down to 199
3 its at 198 now
4 its at 196
5 temp is 194
6 temps at 192
7 temps at 190
8 at 188
9 goin to bed boiler at 185

i think shes hooked

You're lucky, my wife will call and say, "I think I heard the oil burner go on...does that mean the OWB is low?". In he defense when I'm away on business during the Winter I stack some smaller chunks near the OWB and she does a pretty good job.:clap:

That is cool of her to do... Not only was she thinking about making sure it was ok with the fresh start up she knew you would be worried and let you know how it was going.

Good Woman you have got there.

Latest posts

Back