Firewood Cart

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodchux

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What are you guys using to move your firewood around?
Here is a cart that i made for free. It works great for moving logs too.
Just an old gocart frame and some plywood.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Hey put an engine and steering wheel on that wood hauler and you would have a dandy Go Cart! :yoyo:

Nice mod, looks like it will hold quite a bit.

Until the kids are older the boat stays home and the wood goes on the trailer. It's three oak 3"x3"x9', and a 4x8 plywood sheet.

woodshed2006.jpg

Good idea. Now just paint it orange and grey to match that fine saw of yours,and you'll be all set.:)

ya'll want a MUCK TRUCK!!!!! Google MUCK TRUCK and send me a dollar or two for thanks! :blob2: :ices_rofl: 5.4 hp engine, hauls a whopping 1/4 ton

mucktruckturf.jpg

I prefer to haul my wood around in the bucket of my tractor. The BX-22 bucket is not that big, but I can raise and lower it so that I don't have to bend over to stack and pick.

Tom

Last edited:
What are you guys using to move your firewood around?
Here is a cart that i made for free. It works great for moving logs too.
Just an old gocart frame and some plywood.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I think I have some old cart frames out in the barn. I need to build one of those. Thanks for the idea.

Hey Tom,
Nice tractor. Is that a Kubota?
Diesel?
I'm looking for something exactly like that.
Without the backhoe
What's the price tag on something like that?
thanks,

Carts Vermont

I've been using this type of cart from CartsVermont.com. I need to haul the wood from the pile to the stove and go down a flight of stairs in between. The 20 inch wheels on this cart handle the stairs with ease.

since the wood is now moved close to the house, i use an 18 gallon rubbermaid storage bin. it holds quite a few logs, doesn't look bad sitting next to the fire place, keeps the floor clean, and IF there are any bugs, they can't climb the plastic sides. i just walk out and fill it when i need wood.

as for moving the wood from way out back, i built a nice wagon out of an old cement tub that is about 7 feet long and about 4 feet wide. i put an axle on it, 22" tractor tires, a ball hitch (put one on the tractor) and i even made it so it tilt/dumps. i can almost fit a face cord on it.

Bring the wood from the wood shed into the garage with a 5x10 utitity trailer. Throw wood down the back stair way into the basement. Took the treads out and now it is just a nice 4x8x6 concrete walled room. I've got storage on top so there is an opening that the wood drops through. Go down the basement, by way of the other stairway. Open door and move the wood 3 feeet into the woodburning/furnace room. Have room there to stack about a weeks worth of split.

The first year I was doing the rubbermaid tub thing and then I figured out that with the stairs having the storage board and the top area filled we were never using it anyway. I can get the trailer all the way back and can stand at the side of the trailer and toss the wood into the basement.

Matt

Latest posts

Back