Firewood delivery...how far is too far?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stay under an hour away or so. Long ride in the big old rattly 5 ton
7493ab389496322c32b5043556ce97dd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Those of you that sell and diver firewood...what is the break point for too far to deliver. If the location is outside of my normal area I will adjust my price, but when do you just have to say no it's too far.
distance goes up, price goes up, they will pay until they don't.
Folks round here closer to I-5 are paying $400-450 per cord, I'd imagine its closer to $500 closer to Seattle you get, meanwhile up here in the sticks its $250.

just be clear with customers why they are paying more.

So about 45 miles? Ron
Pretty much. Not sure if that was an educated guess or a jab at the top speed. If you were wondering she'll do 67mph flat out with a tail wind.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

We offer free delivery with all of our orders. That being said we get a few orders a year that are pushing 50 miles one way I'll ask for a little gas money on these deliveries. Customers are usually pretty understanding given the current business climate we are all in.

We offer free delivery with all of our orders. That being said we get a few orders a year that are pushing 50 miles one way I'll ask for a little gas money on these deliveries. Customers are usually pretty understanding given the current business climate we are all in.
What's your per cord price?

Back when I sold wood it was twenty miles to the city. I would take two or three cord with me to work at night and deliver that in the morning after I got off of work. Normally on Saturdays we would take my twin screw grain truck loaded four cord or so and go seventy miles to another city and deliver to apartments and condo's. Lot of work but a bunch of money a cord for wood.

When I sold firewood it depended how slow business was and if I needed the money. I did charge extra for more driving distance to cover fuel and coffee/ lunch stops or ice cream for the kids.

When I sold firewood it depended how slow business was and if I needed the money. I did charge extra for more driving distance to cover fuel and coffee/ lunch stops or ice cream for the kids.
Ice cream for the kids can add up when your dragging them along.

Back