Firewood for Sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pyromaniac guy

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
i know this probably won't help you guys, but i just had to post it just in case someone can take advantage of this.

in the halifax, pennsylvania area (20 mins NW of harrisburg) someone is selling seasoned and split hardwood (oak, cherry and maple) for $85 a cord. you must haul. i know chances of anyone on here being close enough to use this info are slim, but i wanted to see.

btw- i am getting nothing from this. i saw the ad posted in the restaurant i work in on the weekends...

It's probably a facecord. With costs the way they are 85$ is pre 1975 for a full cord, but you never know, Penn state has alot of wood.
John

Could be legit. I spoke to someone from that area recently who had a 40ft dump trailer who wanted to bring a load to Western PA and take steel coils back East. I saw it on firewood dot calm.

I can buy a fullsize pickup load of split, seasoned mixed hardwood for $45, 10 miles from the house. Matter of fact, I plan to get a load this weekend.

Most I have seen it for around here (St louis area) is $65 face cord.

Sawmill down the street sells a load of kiln dried hardwood end cuts for $20 (no bark) Great stuff to use for kindling wood & easy for the wife to handle it also.

$60/cord ( 8ft, more or less, green, crooked, rotten, unmarketable soft hardwoods and softwoods)
$90/cord (same as above, but mostly hardwoods like oak or maple)
$150/Cord (stove length, 1 year dry, dumped in your driveway)
$350/cord (guaranteed 3 years dry, cut, split, delivered, stacked to suit, with high proportion of birch to "look pretty" in the stack)

here in southern indiana it's going for around $180.00 a cord spilt all hardwood..oak,ash ,hickory..ect. i sell it for $160.00 30" long and up to 18" dim. to my boiler customer's bigger the better for the boilers

Latest posts

Back