Firewood processor around $30,000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlgreenman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am just looking (for now) but I was wondering if any of you firewood lovers know about a decent processor that could be had for around $30, 000 +\-. Id like it to split up to 16 or more inch diameter logs. I have a skid loader and I do not want to use a tractor pto. Any ideas. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi thar was a logging show in Richman VA. Thar was a Dyna 14 firewood processor thar ,that wood be jest under 30k. It will do up to a max 18" and 12' long log. I have a Wood eze that is old but will do for now. But that is wot I will get for next year.

I am just looking (for now) but I was wondering if any of you firewood lovers know about a decent processor that could be had for around $30, 000 +\-. Id like it to split up to 16 or more inch diameter logs. I have a skid loader and I do not want to use a tractor pto. Any ideas. Thanks.

I sent you a PM

my 2 cents look at the chomper from rainier hydraulics it is a shear blade processor will do up to 16" depending on model is portable self loading no log deck everything is done at ground level and most of the models are automated you just hook logs and winch them in and it does the rest. look them up and go through their info on how quick wood seasons when it is sheared and watch the videos on it. the best part comes in the savings of operating costs for the machine versus others out there only takes one person to operate and no supporting equipment as there is no log deck. the shear is self sharpening so you save the downtime of sharpening circular saw blades or sharpening and buying chains and bar oil in other machines. also because the wood is sheared there is no saw dust to clean up other than changing the oil in the engine which you have to do in pretty much every processor your only operating expense is fuel and labor and wood. look them up and do your research and the math on operating expenses and i think you will see that the chomper is the best choice in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back