Firewood Sellers Survey

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Como

ArboristSite Operative
I had not heard of the Chomper before, looks interesting.

Shame you can not just rent one for a week, would not need it any longer.

DSS

Cowshot
Not me, but my neighbor sells between 3-400 cord. No processor. Hires a guy once in a while but mostly works alone. He does have an old cable skidder. He blocks it all with the saws, 575xp's.

This guy works like a savage. It would never be too cold or too stormy for him to go to the woods. And he works a full time job all summer.

Last year he bought a bobcat, up until then he was mostly throwing blocks to load the truck by hand. I think working like that would get old fast, but he's been doing it for years.

Ohiowoodguy

Ohiowoodguy

ArboristSite Operative
We sell 400 real cords/year using a TW6 and a HudSon LJH. Logs are delivered. The LJH has a "dead" deck and we have a 30' belt conveyor. I already had the TW6 and none of the big processor companies would build a machine without their splitter. I've noticed that alot of the pieces a big processor puts out would require resplitting anyway. We're selling at $200/cord and I firmly believe by the time a $80K-$120K processor has made enough wood to pay for itself, its worn out.

Latest posts