First chain saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevejr33

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
How Meany of you guys still one your first chain saw? I just dug mine out today. got it running out of boredom. 041 super made from spare parts 15 years ago when my grand father still owned the steal dealership around hear.

Still have mine, Husky 350. I brought used from my local Stihl dealer a year ago. I'm still very new to this stuff. Didn't take me long to want more power.

So my second saw was a 261. Went looking for a use saw again at my local Sthil dealer and told him I was looking for a "monster saw". So he sold me that. Told me it was more power than any normal person needed. lol. Needless to say it didn't take me long to want more power. And a new dealer who knew what a "monster saw" really is. I mean the biggest saw he had on the display was a 441.

Went to my husky dealer 4 years ago told him I wanted something to replace my 041, he sold me a 460. I was dumb back then it was a joke.

my first saw is an old echo eagle 45 cc cs-4600 which i still own and it has probably 60-70 cord under it and it was obtained used from a xmas tree farm after two years of heavy use there. still going strong - its my rescue saw. my every day saw is an ms 310. working on gettin a 660 next to do some milling.

Yep, still got my 021. I was a saw owning virgin 10 years ago and it popped my cherry. It even cuddled with me afterwards :D

Yip

Still got my first one. Stihl 041. NO A.V. at all. Omg, when I run it now, all the new saws feel like junk with the torque that old bugger has. You can literally roll logs in the cut and it won't even start to bog, lmao... But DAMN!!!! My hands get all itchy if I even run it for 20 min, lmao... The old ones are still the best ones brutha...

:cheers: eh?

359 husky just few months ago. its now my monters saw after alittle porting.

i also have the first saw i ran when i was very little. an old 60cc pioner model 11 my granpha owned. it ws made it 78 or something i ran it at around age 11 12. ive been kinda workin on getn it in running shape again.

but my new saw a mint 026 is keeping me from it. i also have 310 ive got a few saws for only a few months into this CAD thing

Stihl have my old 032 I bought back in I think 78, first saw I ever bought, was around 16 yrs old. My dad bought a Super EZ at the same time at the same dealer, it didn't last long, cutting brush off at ground level blocked the muffler and built up to much heat, he went to a 028 and saw the light, I have my FIL's 028 WB that he and I went 50/50 on in 86 or so, I would hate to guess how many cord the 032 has cut since I have sold firewood since 78, 75 to 100 cords per year, nothing but spark plugs and chain, well two air filters.

Still have my Husky L77 that I bought in 1978. Ran professionally for 2 years and then a firewood saw. Still runs well and thanks to you guys- I have 5 of them now.

:greenchainsaw:

J-red 2051. It's torn apart on the work bench. I can't seem to get time to work on it. The first saw I ever ran was a 49sp I am looking for one of them.

Still have my 041, even tho it's not my first saw, it was my first "real" saw.
It runs perfect, and still eats a little wood ever now and then.

Sadly don't still have my first saw a Skil 1614 but thanks to Farley9n I have a real nice condition replacement for it. I call it my bachelor memory saw. LOL My second saw was a Mac 10-10. Now that goes back a few years.

...Carl

my first chainsaw is the 2094.
my father gave it to me last summer, it had been sitting in the barn for a couple years.
i remember watching my grandfather milling with it as a kid.
i turned 17 last november.

I still have my first saw. My Pioneer/Partner P42HP. She's sitting at home in my workshop/barn. When the day comes that it will no longer run. I'm going to find a nice cozy spot in the house, and hang it from the open ceiling beams.

:angry:

my first saw was a 1978 stihl 031 with 20" bar. Given to me by my father at 14, He used that saw to build his first house a three story log cabin, I sold it off to get a stihl 026 pro I regret selling that saw every time I look at the collection :buttkick:

my first chainsaw is the 2094.
my father gave it to me last summer, it had been sitting in the barn for a couple years.
i remember watching my grandfather milling with it as a kid.
i turned 17 last november.

2094 is a good size first saw. You won't feel the need for anything bigger anytime soon I'm sure.

My first saw was my 372, I worked for a neighbor doing firewood and his advice was get a good saw right away, instead of trading up once or twice. He had some 40ish cc husky then a 026, and then got a 371. We get alot of 16-24" hardwood firewood so the 372 is a good size for that type of cutting.

The instructor at my chainsaw course was a bit worried I'd kill myself with it but I started with a 16" bar and listened to what he said and I did fine. Hopefully I won't have to buy another saw for a couple decades...

The 141 was a split purchase with my FIL, he wanted to borrow the 372 after his ancient pioneer died, not happening! So we got the 141, I use it for cutting cedar posts and rail and it works fine for that. Stretches the arms abit less than the 372 at the end of the day.
Ian

Latest posts

Back