First Day out with the 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
Reaction score
Went out yesterday with a friend to cut firewood. We cut 2 pickup loads and one 5x8 trailer load, some Cherry but mostly 12" and under Black Locust. We cut and split on site (6 and 8lb mauls, no hydraulic contraptions). The first thing I put the 361 in was a 16" cherry. I took a cut or two and handed it off to my bud who compared it to his 290. He liked it. Had a big ol' grin on his face the whole time. It cut great. By the end of the afternoon, the extra 3lbs that the 361 has as compared to my 346xp was evident. Slinging that maul takes some of the steam out of this out of shape 38 y/o. Ma back was a bit stiff this morning. Going back out today and getting in some oak. It'll be a Motrin night tonight.

Ian

Haywire Haywood said:
the extra 3lbs that the 361 has as compared to my 346xp was evident. ....
The powerhead difference is less than two lbs, but there will often be some difference in the bar&chain + fluids as welll.......:blob2: :blob2: :yoyo: :yoyo:

I stand corrected. I was thinking 10 and 13. Actuals are 10-6 and 12-3. Maybe it was all in my mind. My buddy did comment that it felt lighter than his 290.

Ian

Haywire Haywood said:
I stand corrected. I was thinking 10 and 13. Actuals are 10-6 and 12-3. Maybe it was all in my mind. My buddy did comment that it felt lighter than his 290.

Ian

Don't worry, we've all been caught out by Troll! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And I thought the Germans were sticklers for accuracy.... :popcorn:

Last edited:
Haywire Haywood said:
I stand corrected. I was thinking 10 and 13. Actuals are 10-6 and 12-3. Maybe it was all in my mind. My buddy did comment that it felt lighter than his 290. Ian

Lakeside53 said:
Don't worry, we've all been caught out by Troll! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And I though the Germans were sticklers for accuracy.... :popcorn:
:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: The 290 is over a pound heavier ... about 1/2 lb more than Stihl advertises, the 361 is right on.....

Last edited:
Welp Ian...........have ya decided whatca gonna name your new hairy Neiger Beast yet? It has to be something bigger than Big Brutus thou :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Talon

Haywire Haywood said:
Slinging that maul takes some of the steam out of this out of shape 38 y/o. Ma back was a bit stiff this morning. Going back out today and getting in some oak. It'll be a Motrin night tonight.

Ian

Ian

@ any age, stretching is the best thing you can do, there are only about 1000 ideas on how to stretch properly, and there all good.
http://www.myfit.ca/exercisedatabase/search.asp?muscle=Back

Anti-inflammatories are an after the fact cure, stretching the muscle before it pulls tight is the way to go.

My back is my bread and butter, and I have made about every mistake there is in abusing it, but can't remember the last time I took a pill for it.

talon1189 said:
Welp Ian...........have ya decided whatcha gonna name your new hairy Neiger Beast yet?

I jokingly named it "Harley" because I did the same thing with the 99 HD FLTR I once owned, that is, send it out to get torn down and hopped up before it ever got broken in properly.

One of my many downfalls. I don't ease into anything... I either jump in ankle deep with both feet or I don't do it at all. Cost me a lot of money over the years.

Ian

SawTroll said:
Probably lots of Stihl fingers on the scale when KWF/DLG weighted the 300-series Husky saws then.....:blob2: :blob2:

Nooooo..... The Stihl fingers were lifting the scale... a little help goes along way...:jester:

Back