First load of season

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, doesn't add up to a lot but it is the first time out since last November. Temps in the low 30s, wind doing 30+...

My applian repair man (reefer quit) offered me some Black Locust to share with him. Guy was trimming up his fence row and had a batch of stems and branches to be cleaned up.

Total of about an hour and we both got enough to make the drive worthwhile. The real benny was getting out there and working again.

001-4.jpg

Harry K

Cutting with someone, help to load, free wood, fresh air and rumble of a saw, what could be better, and some of the hottest burning wood available.:clap: :clap:

Okay, doesn't add up to a lot but it is the first time out since last November. Temps in the low 30s, wind doing 30+...

My applian repair man (reefer quit) offered me some Black Locust to share with him. Guy was trimming up his fence row and had a batch of stems and branches to be cleaned up.

Total of about an hour and we both got enough to make the drive worthwhile. The real benny was getting out there and working again.

001-4.jpg

Harry K

Amen too that! Getting cabin fever up here with one snowstorm after the next! Can't wait too get out there. On the good side, nice and warm in the house with both stoves blazing:cheers: :greenchainsaw:

HARRY

Your a better man then ME, theres no way i could get that big of locust in the back of my truck even with help. I do think i could get it unloaded at my place if you wanted to drive over here. lol.

Good stuff, better than money in the bank!:cheers:

I love locust, probably 50% or better of my wood. Fenceposts aren't a big market anymore, so they're nearly considered a weed here. Lots of overgrown pastures that the owners will beg you to clear for them. Used to be they were a source of income for the farmer, now they're an impediment to the bigger machines.

Eyeballed 3 or 4 that I'm gonna cut here real soon, not huge but nice. There is nothing like a sufficient supply of dry firewood on a cold day! Before long I'll be into the 2009-2010 wood, not intending to stop either. :clap:

001-4.jpg

Harry K

How much wood is that when split? Just trying to get a idea, maybe 1/2 a cord???

HARRY

Your a better man then ME, theres no way i could get that big of locust in the back of my truck even with help. I do think i could get it unloaded at my place if you wanted to drive over here. lol.

Heh. That is deceptive. It is a chunk of crotch only about a foot long. I did all the cutting (buddy apparently doesn't have a working saw) - he did most of the loading. A few of them took both of us. Wasn't much fun untangling and pitching it off the truck by myself though.

Harry K

Back