First post here, how do to all.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Applehead

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Found this place while looking for a part for my Poulan countervibe 4000 , Gramps gave it to me back in early 90, He had a tree biz in westchester ,NY back in the day. Been a good strong saw for me , surprised more than a few people with it's power.
Anyways, she's getting old and I've been working her hard this last season , got some 48 " maple butts to deal with and was thinking of giving her a rest, perhaps taking her apart; and adding another saw to the shop.

Got my eye on a Shindaiwa 757 w/ 24" bar, developer I do some building for swears by shinny.
What says the pro's here; will she please or dissapoint ?
Longwinded aint I? :greenchainsaw:

Greetings and Welcome to AS!

There is a Poulan thread near the top of the page. If you post up about your 4000 there you will get some good responses on what you might be able to do to refresh that saw.

Can't help you out with the 757 as I have never owned, ran, or seen one, but someone should be along shortly to give you some info on it.

:cheers:

Found this place while looking for a part for my Poulan countervibe 4000 , Gramps gave it to me back in early 90, He had a tree biz in westchester ,NY back in the day. Been a good strong saw for me , surprised more than a few people with it's power.
Anyways, she's getting old and I've been working her hard this last season , got some 48 " maple butts to deal with and was thinking of giving her a rest, perhaps taking her apart; and adding another saw to the shop.

Got my eye on a Shindaiwa 757 w/ 24" bar, developer I do some building for swears by shinny.

Welcome to site and look up the Poulan Thread. There a bunch of Countervibe fans(3400,3700,4000, 4200 et al). Most common are the 3400 thru 4000 as they share almost the same parts. If you plan to freshen up the 4000 let us know. There is a lot of knowledge on this site.

I see you have no rep. If ya got a 4000, you must be OK. Rep on the way!

Welcome to the site!

I've never used a Shinny saw, but I have used some of their other equipment. It seems like pretty solid stuff. There are a few Shindaiwa guys floating around on the site. I'm sure they'll be around shortly to tell you how great it is.

It's too bad Poulan doesn't make saws like they used to...

:cheers:

Welcome to the club

I'm kind of partial to Shindaiwa's. I've had good luck with them and I take the 757 out in the woods once in awhile.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I would take a 7900 over the 757 but it is a super nice machine.
I would check on parts availability, but if you have a good dealer close by you can't really go wrong.

Mike

Latest posts

Back