First saw: Redmax GZ4000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregGA

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I had posted earlier about recommendations for a saw. Basically a Stihl 026 used, or an Echo CS-400. No luck on the Stihl, and I just didn't now enough to check out the used ones I found. I almost got the Echo. I have a Redmax blower that I bought back in 2002, and it has run like a champ. On a whim, I checked craigslist and found a new GZ4000 for $225.

Turns out the seller's father had a Snapper/Redmax dealership and passed away 3 months ago. The seller was his son, and he found the saw, owners manual and warranty card on the back shelf. When I looked at the saw, it was made in July 2006: original Komatsu/Zenoah:msp_rolleyes:

It started after a few pulls, and now starts cold just like my Redmax blower, 3 pulls.
I am very happy with the saw. Redmax came up with the Strato technology, and the saw/engine appear well built.

It had an 18" bar on it, and I got an Oregon Pro-lite 16". The "H" screw is only adjustable 1/4 turn, and the "L" is set. It revs up like a demon. The plug is a nice tan color. Anything else I should do? With the jets not being adjustable, should I pull the muffler and do a mod?

Thanks CTYank for some help with PM, and thank you all for the guidance in the posts.

Greg

Keep your left elbow locked straight, and keep the saw singing with good synthetic oil and 89/+ octane.

Organize storage for your next saw(s). :msp_wink:

Latest posts

Back