Fiskars Axes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grandpatractor

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here is some pics of the two that Jonsredjonny and I have.
The small one is about 4 lbs and the larger about 6 lbs. Troll could tell you the Grams I think. With all the talk about them lately, we thought we would show them side by side.

Last edited:
Thanks GPT
I've been thinking about getting the larger one lately.

I picked up some boxelder for some strange reason last week.
I think they were bred by some large logsplitter Co.:hmm3grin2orange:
splits like a friggen sponge

Anyway,
where do you find the large one?
I usually only see the 4lb around here.

Thanks GPT
I've been thinking about getting the larger one lately.
where do you find the large one?
I usually only see the 4lb around here.

I picked mine up at the "men are duds" store. (thats what my wife call it) the one in forest lake. I didn't know there was a difference until Jon and I split together.

The one to the right in the last pic looks like the 2400, while the other looks like the 1400.
Only the 2400 should be used for hitting wedges (or anything else) with the rear of the head......;)

The one to the right in the last pic looks like the 2400, while the other looks like the 1400.
Only the 2400 should be used for hitting wedges (or anything else) with the rear of the head......;)

yup, the smaller ones break if used for beating wedges due to silly construction... Wooden handles FTW

yup, the smaller ones break if used for beating wedges due to silly construction... Wooden handles FTW

Yep, I have seen proof of that, but it really was "operator error"......:biggrinbounce2:

He got a new one on Warrancy, anyway.....:bang: :bang:

Last edited:
How do those axes hold their edge?

Do they make a felling axe?

from my experience they hold edge quite well, and no, they dont make plain felling axe, closest one would be the universal axe 1300 pro

134522_13380.jpg

Latest posts

Back