Woodchuck WC19 hydraulic question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superfuture88

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just got scammed into buying a Woodchuck WC19. Long story. Thought I was buying a Bandit 254XP, but here we are.

Could use some help on a hydraulics question. It currently has two levers: one on the side of the feed chute, one on top. To get the top feed wheel to raise, I currently need to activate the valve on the top of the chute, then activate the lever on the side. It's awkward as heck, plus since you need both hands, you can't run the feed bar to actually catch and draw in the piece you're raising the wheels for. Tracking the lines back, the feed first comes into the top valve, so I assume you open that first to get flow to the second. It does have auto feed so I think that's the side valve. I haven't used or set the auto feed yet.

Anybody want to take a shot at telling me what's going on? Is this common/correct for the WC19's or did someone hook something up incorrectly? If so, how should it be set up? Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back