Fiskars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl310

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
After having read all the positive reviews here about the Fiskars super splitter, I decided to try one. I just recieved it yesterday and I've got to say it is one of the best purchases I have ever made. For as long as I've been cutting wood I've been using a 6-8#? maul that just flat out wears me out, and will not split anything that has any knots in it.

I was amazed to watch the Fiskars slice right through just about anything. I acutally had a pile of knotty hickory that I was going to save until I got a splitter out to my house, however I busted through about half of it in around 20 minutes. To top that, I didn't even feel like I had split any wood.

Highly, highly recommend this for anyone who enjoys hand splitting wood, it is by far the best hand tool I've ever purchased.

i bought all three 28" models but still waiting arrival.... i am inpatient..i hate waiting... fiskars should not advertise something not available yet. i got pssd off when i talked to the distributor for fiskars in MN i think??? but anyway they said i couldn't buy from them i had to use amazon or ace hardware...adding weeks to delay... i bought from feebay for forty dollars less then amazon.

good axe dont lean it up to your chopping block and throw rounds over to the chopping block , It might hit the axe handle ,flip up and bust your nose like it did mine I was lucky i got the dull end !!!!!

i have brought home a 20" tire from work to use on the chopping block instead of wrapping all round with a bungee.i saw this on you tube and seemed to work pretty good, i also like the fact it will tend to stop axe deflection on crooked hits. yes i have done that before with the axe handle hitting me....i use a round off to the side to plunge the axe in to hold it while reloading the block.:beat-up:

I had mine stuck in a piece of elm, when I jerked up/down on the handle to free it the wood was pinching it so hard it spit it out and the blunt end hit me in the lip. I hated elm then, but it's burning sooooo good I'll forgive it :)..... I'm gonna get the longer handled one when they come out.

I bought mine off the internet for $33 and free shipping. I love it. You will more appreciate it after splitting for an extended period. It doesn't wear you out like a maul will.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I bought mine off the internet for $33 and free shipping. I love it. You will more appreciate it after splitting for an extended period. It doesn't wear you out like a maul will.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have definitely noticed that I don't feel the wear and tear on my body that I did with the old maul... I'm just blown away by how well the thing works, seems like I only have to swing twice as hard to do the same amount of work...

Back