Fixing to buy a new tractor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarolar

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am fixing to purchase a new tractor and want to know yalls opinions on which to choose. I have narrowed it down to a Mahindra 4540 and Kubota MX 4800 both 2wd no loader. The Mahindra has my vote due to being a good deal heavier and just a bulkier tractor overall but the Bota is more refined looking but doesn't have several features I want and really need like adjustable track width and draft control. The pros and cons are all over the place. I have an excellent dealer that sells both and has delt in Mahindra for 15 years so they arent new on the block.

Have you had a chance to look at Kioti, not to clutter up the options but I find the Kioti to be heavier built than the Kubota with a slight price advantage. I spent a good deal of time looking for a ~40hp Tractor with loader and backhoe and ended up with a Bobcat which is made by Kioti. Its a beast of a tractor and have yet to find a brand I would rather have in my yard, nothing against any of the others, there are many great machines on the market.

No dealer nearby and I didnt see a price difference enough to draw my attention from Bota. I have 4 Kubota dealers within 50 miles.

Spent a long time looking and just in the past couple weeks purchased a tractor. I looked long and hard at JD, Mahindra, and Kubota. Bang for the buck (in our area) goes Mahindra, kubota, then the Deere. Out of curiosity, an absolute have to for me was 4wd and FEL, why are they not part of the package? We have several tractors here and I knew for the money spent had to have both or just keep wrestling the old ones here.

I have a 5030 Ford (65hp) with loader now with a 5k lb capacity makes it hard to justify spending 5 grand on a loader that will struggle to budge 1200lbs. As to the 4wd its flat and sandy on my hill and no real need for it plus I'm thinking long term and thats one more thing to break and need fixing. Im only pulling a 5ft harrow or single shank ripper at best so the HP should be adequate without 4wd.

I have a Mahindra 4530, 45hp 4wd, with shuttle shift.
Bought it new two years ago. I'm happy with my choice.
The extra weight really makes a difference. My driveway is an old logging road of about 3/4 mile.
I pull an 8', 800+lb blade when I grade. The 4530 has never lost traction when working the road.

I would go with mahindra. I have looked at them a few different times. Bought a new Holland tc40 4wd with FEL new back in 02 or so. I keep looking at mahindra as I need another tractor. I have had great service from the new Holland but I keep getting drawn back to looking at mahindra

We have a mahindra 4500. It has been worked like a team of mules for 9 years. We pull a three bottom 18 inch mike board turning plow with and use a boon pole on it to handle logs. The only trouble it has ever given is the battery went out a few years ago. It is built like a tank and we plant about 10 acres every year. I will say if u do anything with logs or wood ... Get 4wd and the loader.

Good to hear the Mahindra stories the Mahindra fiancing is definately more attractive. Even though the tractors are about the same price the Mahindra works out 100$ cheaper a month.

I made a fatal mistake today in taking the Bota for a test drive. Im afraid the thinking is over...

It came home.

962ea70323e81872ad8e95972c56017a.jpg

Latest posts

Back