Flooding 066

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlhead

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys, I need to have a few of you guy's steer me in the right direction on my 066. It runs strong and is an awesome saw, but if I leave it sit for a couple of days it floods itself. I then need to hold the trigger down and pull it about a dozen times and it fires up and is good for as long as I use it consistently. First time it sits for 3-4 days, she is flooded again. Any ideas where I could start? It seems to be leaking gas into the cylinder while it is sitting, but with limited experience I don't want to just start ripping stuff apart. The weather is also not a factor as I thought it was doing it only in warmer weather, but it has happened all winter as well. Thanks!

You need to service the inlet needle and seat in the carburetor. They're located under the metering diaphragm (typically, the side with a hole in the cover, cover retained by 4 screws). I'd just get a carb kit for the saw, and replace the needle, seat and metering diaphragm since I'd be in there.

Re-tune when complete.

J

Back