For all you Husqvarna fans

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice 2101 that's what I have. My saw shop told me they are about the same almost identical to the 2100 I think the late model may be when they put the non rev limiting carb. Im not a 100 percent sure, but the non rev limting carb is what I have. But the 066 is perfectly capable of the big stuff for sure!

well i wouldn't be so sure. i never had a husky before and i thought for the price i would give anything a try and see if i like it LOL.But if i don't like it you will be the first to know

10-4! Keep me in mind. Even if u don't want to get it goin I would be interested the way it sits!

oh ok :msp_smile: i'll keep you in mind i know if i get it and start working on it.i'll get it going again and use it to see if i will like it.

$250 would be pretty strong coin for that saw as it sits. Little stuff can add up fast to where it would be cheaper to buy a runner. Ignition, for example, would be the first thing I check. If it was on fire, there is a good chance the coil got melted.

Save that saw! Or send it to NC :)

They can be modified, just take a look on youtube. Plenty runnin around on alcohol and pipes :rock:

IDK about the 60inch bar though. I know they have torque, but thats alot of bar. My 3120 has to be handled lightly to drag the 72" buried

oh i c well i wasn't goin to run a bar no bigger than 32 inch on it. but keep one on hand that maybe 45in or so.but i e-mailed him last night and asked him what all was hurt on the saw from the fire and haven't heard anything back yat.but i'll keep checking though.

I picked up my 2100 with the intent of fixing it up and selling it, then I ran it. Now I am replacing the fuel and oil lines and some of the AV and will keep it in my lineup of firewood saws. I will be looking for a longer bar but not more than 42" as the terrain is steep and usually have to haul it up hill.

That saw could turn into a real money pit fast. If you had another 1 or 2 of this model it would make a decent parts saw.

I got this a few months back off the bag for 250, needed an air filter and new fuel lne.

attachment.php

Darned thing is a beast!

attachment.php

PHO, here's the worst boo-boo

Purely cosmetic.

I picked up my 2100 with the intent of fixing it up and selling it, then I ran it. Now I am replacing the fuel and oil lines and some of the AV and will keep it in my lineup of firewood saws. I will be looking for a longer bar but not more than 42" as the terrain is steep and usually have to haul it up hill.

i hear that anything over 42 in will be over kill on you hauling it up the hill.

I have to agree with others on here. i bet there is a whole lot burned up on that saw. could get pricey really fast. For the money you would probably dump into that saw you could buy a nice used 660 or 395 and pull a 36'' or 42'' and get parts all day long. What saws are you runnig now?

well i'm running a couple of small saws like a ms200t and a poulan 34/16 and a stihl 028 for right now so i need something a whole lot bigger than what i got now.but i found all the parts i need for under a 150.00 and i also found a cheap coil on e-bay for 25.00.so i shouldn't be in to it too much.

I would be VERY wary of a coil for $25. They are usually around $100 for good used. There are a couple of different flywheels for those too, so make sure you get the right thing. I hope you can get it going and reliable on the cheap. We all have been there before, and fallen for the allure of a cheap big saw. It seldom works out that way.

well no need to find parts now.because i lost the bidding by the last second on e-bay for 126.00 and i had it up too 125.00.so now i have too find a other big sw to cut some big trees down in the tree service i own and run.so fellow husky fans anyone have a 395xp saw or parts saw that they want to sell cheap.if it needs a little work thats ok. because i enjoy working on saws in my spare time and between jobs.so i'm on the look out for a good used husky that hold up to a 42in bar on it.

Latest posts

Back