• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold For Sale or Trade 024 Super and 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neverleavingMT

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a couple saws up for sale or trade. I am looking for a newer MS series saw, Stihl only. Not too sure what I want right now. I originally wanted to just sell these and buy a new ms261 or ms241 but I figure I may as well throw out the option for trades. I am just looking update my saw a little bit, looking for the better AV the newer stuff has along with the other features. I will describe each of the saws below;

024 Super. I bought it used a year ago. I added a Picco rim set up on it. It runs well, I used it camping this year bucking up some firewood. The clutch may be getting weak, the drum spins when it idles. I first thought it was tuning of the carb (which it may be, I am by no means a master of tuning carbs) but I would tweak it a bit (trying not to loose what adjustment I had) and it never seemed to improve. I think this saw is cool, has a lot of character and you don't see a lot of them around. I was going to do a light cosmetic restore this winter. $200 obo PHO / shipped

Next is the 044. I thought it as a project last fall and have not gotten around to diving into it. With a few life changes I honestly don't know when I will be able to tackle it. It is in non running condition, but complete. I purchased it in this condition, I was told it has an aftermarket big bore top end. I know it needs a piston, not sure on what else. But it does have a bunch of goodies on it, roller chain catch, 3/4 wrap handle, wrench holder, large starting handle, almost new 25" 3/8 bar and chain. I am also looking for $200 obo shipped for this one.

I THINK these are fair prices, please correct me if I am way out of line. I am trying to get these moved fairly fast and get something new purchased or a 2 for 1 trade made. The trade would have to be good running and clean. I will only consider MS series Stihl. I know these saws will find a good home on here! I will be in and out the next few days to respond to posts. Thanks!

024 Pictures below. I can make more/better pictures if needed, I will see how if looks when they post and change it tomorrow if needed.
024.4.jpg 024.1.jpg 024.2.jpg 024.3.jpg

044 pictures below

044.3.jpg 044.4.jpg 044.1.jpg 044.2.jpg

It may be a little while before we know how this goes. I exchanged a few messages with the OP last night right after the ad went up (about the 044, surprise surprise!), but he was evidently on his way somewhere and said he'd have poor cell reception until late today. That was the last I heard, so now I'm just waiting.

dang I have a ms241cm or ms261 that I would love to trade for both of these saws. I'll take the back of the line

Guys is it me or doesn't this look fishy? Newbie with two posts wanting to sell a "project" 044 for $200!

I appologise for posting this and then leaving town for a few hours. I try to take advantage of every chance I get to go camping! We just got back a few minute ago. You guys will have replys shortly.

Im sure it does look suspicious that my first post is a For Sale ad, I am a long time lurker on the site. I have learned a TON! I have not had a reason until now to post any questions. With quick searches I was able to find my answers. I will try and do everything I can do be as clear and open about the condition of these saws. I don't want to start out on the wrong foot with the site or any members. Thanks guys.

Just say the word, and I can deposit the money in your PayPal immediately. :)

What part of MT are you from?

Central MT. Smack dab in the middle of the best hunting, fishing, and recreation the earth has to offer. Well, maybe besides AK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back