Ford Industrial Engines

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmcat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I recently added a Mitts & Merrill chipper to my fleet, the unit overall is in nice shape, but mechanicly its been a little neglected. Who is a good parts source for belts, filters and general maintenance items? I hear they make nice chips when kept sharp, any other tips for keeping it running good? Also, anyone else besides Karl Kumerling for chipper parts?

Thanks

Ford's industrial line used alot of parts from the automotive line especially in the wear item department. Things like filters, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, head gasket, and such are all available thru your local napa or auto parts store of your choice.

or your local tractor dealer.

Wanna sell that chain link in your avatar? I been trying to get one of those as a way to teach my guys how to sharpen, keep missing them on ebay.

or your local tractor dealer.

Wanna sell that chain link in your avatar? I been trying to get one of those as a way to teach my guys how to sharpen, keep missing them on ebay.

Got mine from the Oregon distributor, thats what I use it for, I only wish it came with a 1.5" round file:laugh:

M & I Ford Industrial Engine Supply in Daphne, AL is an excellent source for parts and advice. I have used them many times for Ford 423 (2.3L) engine parts.

I have a M&M K-12 1982 vintage. I've been to Karl Kumerling's shop in Ohio. Their nice helpful folks. I've purchased several items from them to keep my chipper operational. They stock most of the maintenance items for their units. Its the right stuff they know they built it. I have sourced items locally from industrial suppliers that service heavy machinery. Belts bearings pulleys sheaves are all common industrial application items. Their knives for their machines are cheaper than the after market. Watch the bearings on the drum for slop. Good luck, and be safe.

Latest posts

Back