Found out something interesting today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I don't know if any of you guys remember, but about this time last year I was talking about doing a tree care program at this BIG place near me. Well it didn't work out last year, even though I was told "you had your foot in the door." I was happy that I didn't get the job, cause I heard from several people that they were bad pay / cheap / and pains in the rear end. Well I found out today from one of my landlords (the people who got me in touch with the place) that the woman in charge left last fall. I have some really awesome references for the area. As I was driving by the farm today I saw one of the MANY hazard trees had fallen during the storm last week. After seeing and learning what I have today, I am wondering if I should pursue them as an account again. One of my new customers can get me in touch with the actual owner of the place (or so he says). So I gotta ask, "what would you guys do?" pursue it, or no?

Rich, it's not so much that the woman was an idiot. It was more like she was just a B!TCH. I know she complained several times to the construction company working on the house about how they were working too fast and making her horses sick. The money part is what I am more interested in. As far as I know everything that goes on there happened through this woman. If you tried to go over her head she was said to have made your life misserable. This place is the guy's summer home keep in mind, not his every day place.

something interesting

Hi Treeman,Try talking with the owner and go from there.Somebody at sometime will get the job.Theres more to gain than loose.If you don't try,and later when you see the work going on,You'll want to kick yourself.Play it safe! Mikey.

Matt, it is worth your time to at least try to talk to the owner. Little comes to he who does not ask.

What is the worst that can happen, they say no?

I'd talk with the owner and ask lots of questions, if you get a bad vibe pass on it. As a rule, your problems and headaches are proportional to the size of the job you are working. Bid high.
Greg

Back