Found this is a gas tank--what the heck is it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John in MA

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Pictures to follow shortly.

Working today on a nice Echo string trimmer that'd been in my backlog for a while. I found this funny capsule thing rattling around in the gas tank. It's a green plastic cylindrical cage with two metal "buttons" loose inside it. They look like zinc.

Anyone know what this is? Probably just something someone's kid found and tossed in there, but it's odd enough to pique my curiosity.

Pictures to follow shortly.

Working today on a nice Echo string trimmer that'd been in my backlog for a while. I found this funny capsule thing rattling around in the gas tank. It's a green plastic cylindrical cage with two metal "buttons" loose inside it. They look like zinc.

Anyone know what this is? Probably just something someone's kid found and tossed in there, but it's odd enough to pique my curiosity.

Fitch Fuel Catalyst: Technical Information - FAQ The Fitch Fuel Catalyst and Fuel

Sucker is born every minute.

OR

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Most excellent example of "Marketing = Propaganda + Lies"

Does anyone want to buy mine?

Last edited:
i think the technical term for it is a thingamabobawhatzitdoomaflotchy, glad i could help:msp_biggrin:

that is a muffler bearing capsule,,, it will release a tiny amount of grease as you are running it to keep the muffler bearing from seizing up,, you need to replace it every 5 tanks of mix

i think the technical term for it is a thingamabobawhatzitdoomaflotchy, glad i could help:msp_biggrin:

i have 1 word of advice for you terry,,, stay the heck away from randy,, looks like he is being a bad influence on you:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

Bingo! You got it. I was thinking it might be something like this but I couldn't find a picture that looked like it on my own.

Bought a set for my m/c about 8 years ago when I was a bit dumber and gullible.

Funny what a bunch of fancy words strung together will make people do.

If anyone is interested in proving these outrageous claims, be more than happy to oblige by selling these for the cheap price of $4.99 and $19.99 shipping and handling.

:rolleyes2:

/sarcasm

You are so lucky that you have an original version of it! My god they are sought after these days. The new ones just aren't as good anymore as the old ones!

:msp_biggrin:

You are so lucky that you have an original version of it! My god they are sought after these days. The new ones just aren't as good anymore as the old ones!

:msp_biggrin:

Price cut .... $1.99 and 9.99 S&H ... come on ... there has to be someone out there as gullible as I was! :msp_wink:

Ah, but are yours OPE-sized? I should charge more since mine would be perfect for a chainsaw.

Ah, but are yours OPE-sized? I should charge more since mine would be perfect for a chainsaw.

Ahhhh .... but my F5T is equal and the same as TWO F4T's ... put that in your pipe and smoke it! :hmm3grin2orange:

I can do two chainsaws ...

Come on people, you only have 37 more minutes to buy at this incredible low price!

Latest posts

Back