• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Found what I was looking for.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The saw pictured is one of tons of 066 and 660's I have had through the years I do not have specific history on it. If I remember correctly it came to me with several others and Husky 395's from British Columbia. Tonight was the first time I have touched it in a long time. My son took it a few years ago to buck logs on a logging job south of us that my brother bid and was behind on. I cannot speak to exactly what took place but I know when it came back the bar nose was tweaked. I pulled the bar and when I went to put the current bar on it I found one bar stud was starting to strip in the case. I was a bit upset and I just shelved it. Since you asked about one I dug it out tonight. It fired right up and seemed to run decent but I have not put in in wood and the bar stud will need addressed.

Bill

The saw pictured is one of tons of 066 and 660's I have had through the years I do not have specific history on it. If I remember correctly it came to me with several others and Husky 395's from British Columbia. Tonight was the first time I have touched it in a long time. My son took it a few years ago to buck logs on a logging job south of us that my brother bid and was behind on. I cannot speak to exactly what took place but I know when it came back the bar nose was tweaked. I pulled the bar and when I went to put the current bar on it I found one bar stud was starting to strip in the case. I was a bit upset and I just shelved it. Since you asked about one I dug it out tonight. It fired right up and seemed to run decent but I have not put in in wood and the bar stud will need addressed.

Bill
Thanks Bill. Sent you a PM

Bill
Bill you can drill out and retap the case then use a 056 bar stud

Bill you can drill out and retap the case then use a 056 bar stud
I am sure you probably could. I simply set it off to the side figuring I will get to it unless it finds a new home. That was awhile ago. I have had PM's on it but still waiting on the OP.

Well since it is posted in a man's wanted thread the man that posted the thread is the one that has the first option to purchase.
Well, it looks like the man isn't saying much or didn't change the title from looking to found, so I had to ask. Thank you your quick reply!

Well, it looks like the man isn't saying much or didn't change the title from looking to found, so I had to ask. Thank you your quick reply!
It takes time. The way it looks now I will probably post it tonight in a new thread. It has more danage than I originally remembered.

It takes time. The way it looks now I will probably post it tonight in a new thread. It has more danage than I originally remembered.

I'll keep any eye out. I have some OEM 660 parts and have an itch to build a hot rod 660.

The assumption that I’m trying to get something for nothing and then continuing to comment as such. If you’re not going to offer to sell me something that I’m asking for, why bother commenting? If you’re not interested in offering up something move on.

@Lightning Performance, you too. I never once said $50-$100. Please just scroll on and keep your smart ass comments to yourself if you have nothing constructive to add.
Never been offered more then fifty dollars for one by the great MM. It's worth near nothing according to him. Most people never make an offer. Plenty here to go but most are already turn key finished tools now. Two are not. One is for sale as is. Half stripped with a bad piston still in it.

Edit:
Guess it's crickets here now judging by the post date.

Never been offered more then fifty dollars for one by the great MM. It's worth near nothing according to him. Most people never make an offer. Plenty here to go but most are already turn key finished tools now. Two are not. One is for sale as is. Half stripped with a bad piston still in it.

Edit:
Typical of many threads

If I weren't in the middle of building up a 038AV to 038 mag conversion, I would be all over it. For the saw that Bill G has offered, I would have no issues with the price, and I would love to pick up another 660. My budget is just tied up for the next few months. If I made my living with my saws it might be a different story as well :)

If I weren't in the middle of building up a 038AV to 038 mag conversion, I would be all over it. For the saw that Bill G has offered, I would have no issues with the price, and I would love to pick up another 660. My budget is just tied up for the next few months. If I made my living with my saws it might be a different story as well :)
I understand that and I will assure you sir we have a ton in common...... :) You got your Proficiencies and State Degrees ready?.... I am kidding you .:) I was always the most stressed after the first of the year and I am sure you are to. I have been there....done that

I understand that and I will assure you sir we have a ton in common...... :) You got your Proficiencies and State Degrees ready?.... I am kidding you .:) I was always the most stressed after the first of the year and I am sure you are to. I have been there....done that
Not quite yet, our deadline in NC is March 1st, so we are still working on the applications :D It is nice to see someone who is familiar with the FFA stuff though! I have got to finish up the FFA roster and get it submitted as well.
They are all online now too, which usually makes it all much harder. I don't think we have any kids doing a proficiency this year, but we do have a couple of state degree candidates, and we had a couple of American degrees this past year. It seems like it gets progressively harder each year to get kids to try for degrees and proficiency awards, they would rather play fortnite and puff on their vapes.
Usually the end of the year through about the end of March is extremely busy and stressful with FFA and school, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. There are still a lot of kids who want to learn and improve themselves. I just finished up helping a kid get a MS250 running. He is about to do early graduation next month, and is working part time with a tree service. He wanted to get that 250 running, along with an 024. It was the first one of the MS250 saws I have worked on, and I certainly don't want to do another, but hopefully it'll help him out some with starting out making his living.

Edit:
Deal under way with what I understand to be one of the finer men on this page. The thread can be deleted. Haven’t been active much with the holidays

Back