Freakinized 365 on muffler and pipe vids vs stock 046

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freakingstang

Doctor Freakinstein
Reaction score
Last edited:
Thanks Outdoors. The little 365 is a strong runner. It makes the stock Makita 6401 look real bad. I wish I has stock videos for comparison between the two. I'd like to see what the 365 does with a real chain on it. I also need a little practice on my changeovers, lol.

I have another modded 372 that I want to put this pipe on it and see how it runs. It is the fastest saw I have in small (12-14") wood.

-Steve

Good Vids "Ya Freak" The 372 runs great, Your miles ahead of me on the
365 piper. I just started to figure out square filling.
good work,good fun
Mike

Got a couple Pm's.... :jawdrop:

They are worksaws used for cutting purposes and are set up for the chain to last in hardwood. They are not ********. The pipe was something I did for fun. Again, it isn't a race saw, it is a saw that gets used to cut firewood and side jobs. The videos would be alot quicker in soft wood and a more aggressive chain.

Looks good for work saws. Keep having fun.:biggrinbounce2:

Steve, check your pm,s I need some info. I also need the stihl number to the square beveled files, plus some other info.

Last edited:
Aspen? Not familiar with that. I've always known ash to be ash and it is much harder than the butter stuff at the GTG. PM sent, will send another with the stihl part numbers.

-Steve

Anyone want to double check my timing abilities?

Here is what I came up with:

365 muffler single cut 5.22 sec double 11.07
365 pipe single cut 3.63 sec double 8.05
046 muffler single cut 5.52 sec double 11.69
372 muffler single cut 4.08 sec double 9.45

I'l put the same chain on the 046 and 372 for more accurate comparison. I'll see if I can't get my botched 372 cylinder(not shown) back on and see how it runs. The 372 here was the gypo spec'd 2mm intake and 2mm exhaust. Nothing was done to the transfers.

Freakingstang said:
Aspen? Not familiar with that. I've always known ash to be ash and it is much harder than the butter stuff at the GTG. PM sent, will send another with the stihl part numbers.

-Steve

Steve i still have a couple cants left over bring your saws the next time you up this way you might be surprised.
BTW your saws sound real good !

Thanks eric, Might have to make a special trip.... lol.

Here is a pic of the pipe. Had a couple people asking about it, and only parts of if could be seen in the videos. It isn't pretty,but it works and works well. The long stinger made about a 1/2 second difference between the few differant versions I tried.

attachment.php

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34235&d=1148271002

Steve and Eric. If you guys get together to do some cutting, let me know. I would like to do some timed cuts with 3 different chains. Just give me alittle notice on when. Because its baseball season for the son and its tuff to work in extra time for fun right now. Keep me posted.

Cut4fun said:
Steve and Eric. If you guys get together to do some cutting, let me know. I would like to do some timed cuts with 3 different chains. Just give me alittle notice on when. Because its baseball season for the son and its tuff to work in extra time for fun right now. Keep me posted.

I wish i lived closer to you fellas, that would just tickle me to get out and cut some with you fellas, i would like to see how some of my saws do.

lovetheoutdoors said:
I wish i lived closer to you fellas, that would just tickle me to get out and cut some with you fellas, i would like to see how some of my saws do.

I felt the same way until I went to Eric's GTG and got my ass handed to me. lol. What should have I expected out of a muffler modded 365 with an off the reel round ground chain? It was a ton of fun, but it gets very addicting! Slowly but surely my saws are getting a tad faster and my square filing is getting a tad (not much) but a tad better. I do have a good chain to throw on all of them for a more comparable test, hopefully tomorrow or wednesday.

-Steve

Steve,

Nice work, and I enjoye dthe videos...

I really love my 365, although I have only done some basic muffler work on it.

Keep it up and thanks for sharing...

Freakingstang said:
I felt the same way until I went to Eric's GTG and got my ass handed to me. lol. What should have I expected out of a muffler modded 365 with an off the reel round ground chain? It was a ton of fun, but it gets very addicting! Slowly but surely my saws are getting a tad faster and my square filing is getting a tad (not much) but a tad better. I do have a good chain to throw on all of them for a more comparable test, hopefully tomorrow or wednesday.

-Steve

Steve what goes on at erics GTG,and where is it held at?

Here are some more vids. Same wood as previous vids. All three have the same chain. I only made one cut each as I was running out of my milled cants.

First is modded 365 with muffler, 8T rim and a good chain

2nd is same saw with the same setup but with the pipe.

3rd is stock 046, same chain, 8T rim and dual port muffler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K1IumyC4P4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw83ZFtFcF4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb-nxxUSauE

Here are the times I came up with:
365 muffler 4.09 sec
365 pipe 3.05 sec
046 4.20

Back