Frustrated- Jonsered 670

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, sure that'd be cool.

You got some wood to cut?
I recently moved to an apartment and no firewood. I get some cleanup jobs occasionally but don't cut as much as I use to or would like.
Thinking of buying a skidder and getting a few wood lots to cut but money is a bit tight so I have to think carefully about that business venture.

oh I got wood!
er wait that didn't sound good

seriously there is plenty to cut at my place, I'm in morrisville through. are you still in danville?

oh I got wood!
er wait that didn't sound good

seriously there is plenty to cut at my place, I'm in morrisville through. are you still in danville?

Ha! I got solutions to your wood :D
It's BIG and ORANGE and LOUD.

We are talking chainsaws, right?

Still in Danville but moved across town. On the West Danville/Cabot line near Joe's pond.
Morrisville isn't too far, I think we could work something out. I'm always down to cut, seems like I end up working on saws more often these days when I'd really rather be using them.

Chris,
i have some bad news.
most likely money will always be on your mind

and the older you get the less play time your will have.

sorry to break the news to you....

You still have my cell #

Yeah I know about the money... I just like to be very sure of my decisions and this is a big decision to make.

Yup, still got your number. Maybe we can get together after this white stuff on the ground finally disappears.

Well guess what it isn't? The carb.
Guess what the problem is?
Please? Because I still don't know.

Swapped carbs and it acted the same. Dies after full throttle, bogging down, can't tune the idle properly. So I messed up the welch plugs on a carb that probably was good.

I even swapped the oil pump assembly/seal, and no change.
I'm at a loss.

So I swapped a 357xp cylinder and new meteor piston onto my 359. Took about 15-20 minutes.

I had the 359 jug gasket less and it made near 200psi. But since I'm gonna sell this saw it's getting a gasket. The cat muffler was dual ported too but I got a non cat for this top end.

all it takes is a small air leak to cause a lean off idle stumble. when you have the high speed set, does it rev up to a set speed and stay their or does it four stroke for a min then rev higher?
When I set the high speed so it 4 strokes, the rpm's then drop, like it's bogging down, staying WOT. Then it dies letting off the throttle.

I had the intake boot off when I replaced the cylinder gasket. I inspected it, no visible tears, looked good, and I tightened the clamp. I'll check it again though.

I had a 670V do the same thing, I ended up giving the saw to my old timer saw buddy to figure out whats wrong with it, he found a leaking inlet needle, after trying several new needles and recoining the seat, it holds 10 psi forever. He told me the saw runs fine now

I hate chasing down those kinds of problems.. if you didn't mess up the welsh plug too badly, flatten it first, then install it with a SMALL dab of JB weld over top of it.. it's worked for me many times.

I'd say Funky Sawman would be on track for the next place to look.. that intake pipe

Well sometimes it takes another pair of eyes. Went to Bplust's place to pressure test it, and he noticed right off the impulse line was loose on the carb. Fixed it!
Sometimes it's the simple things you overlook.

It was good to meet bplust too, very helpful and nice to know a fellow member nearby!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back