FS45 trimmer problem, help!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I have a question for Goofaroo. .. Thought I would ask you this because of your experience with the different Stihl weed wackers.
Are the engines identical on the FS 55 vs FS 45 vs FS38?
Thank you.

Yes I have a question for Goofaroo. .. Thought I would ask you this because of your experience with the different Stihl weed wackers.
Are the engines identical on the FS 55 vs FS 45 vs FS38?
Thank you.

I’m no expert on these engines but they look the same to me. The carbs were a direct replacement on all three trimmer models.

Here is the one off of the fs38s, it is just the newer version, it may have been changed on the fs45s too before they stopped selling them in the US.
zbend.jpg

So I looked up the carburetor that I installed an am pretty sure it is the same one you recommend. Different seller but the picture is the same. It is not a stock picture but a sellers picture.... Looks super similar... Same spark plug pictured and background, camera distance etcetera.

I saw a HS45 for sale in good shape asking $60 maybe I will buy that for a sure bet backup.

Here is my HL45 with an engine from an HS55.

IMG_20191019_161302274.jpg IMG_20191019_161302274.jpg IMG_20191019_161319361.jpg IMG_20191019_161319361.jpg View attachment 767

So I looked up the carburetor that I installed an am pretty sure it is the same one you recommend. Different seller but the picture is the same. It is not a stock picture but a sellers picture.... Looks super similar... Same spark plug pictured and background, camera distance etcetera.

I saw a HS45 for sale in good shape asking $60 maybe I will buy that for a sure bet backup.

Here is my HL45 with an engine from an HS55.

View attachment 767309 View attachment 767309 View attachment 767310 View attachment 767310 View attachment 767

It could be the same one but I’ve tried carbs that looked the same and they didn’t work. It sounds like it didn’t work for you either.

No, the hole is too big, too much slop.

Been there, tried that..

Hmmm. I did that on something else recently and it fit. Must have been a different ZBend.

It could still be adapted. Sometimes the throttle shaft from the old carb can be put on the new one. I’ve also cut off part of the z bend and built it up with solder to form the bullet end. When you’re dealing with aftermarket parts you sometimes have to get creative.

Back