Fungi ID help.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I gave it a try. I can't find anything quite like the second one. They both seem to be Agarics. Anymore than that I'd be guessing.

You might include when the first pic was taken. A few more pics might help also.

From what little I know the orange is usually posionious, but not always.

I remember the first photo from last year.
I made a overly simplified observation and Boa... suggested I was not write or wrong but need to know more :)

It is not looking like the tree is in great health.

What options are the board considering?

If you have the time, can you please do a bit of a dissection of the stump and post the photos.
I realise commercial pressures don't allow everything to turn into a learning experience.
I think there are a few of us that would like to see any pictures

Jeff what was the outcome of the meeting or are they still umming and arhing

Hi David, We will be removing the euc in the pic the first week of May. They hired a consulting arborist to get a second opinion because of their concern and the price. We also are removing two more in the same area. Should make for some good pics.
Jeff

Hi David, We will be removing the euc in the pic the first week of May. They hired a consulting arborist to get a second opinion because of their concern and the price. We also are removing two more in the same area. Should make for some good pics.
Jeff

Hi Jeff

I have been real busy with work and not on here as much as I would like.
It is stinking hot and a few fires about this week

David

Sent from my A501 using Tapatalk HD

Looks a lot like Pluerotus ostreatus -- the Oyster mushroom. According to Arora (Mushrooms Demystified -- a great guide, and he is located in CA, so there is a focus in that area).

This fungus causes decay in live trees as well as inhabits logs and snags. usually found on cottonwoods, elm. sycamore, tanoak, and elm. i suppose Eucs aren't ruled out.

Did you ever do that dissection of the trunk?

In the future, if you want to collect info ion a fungus, describe it in its entirety: cap color and feel when wet and dry; gills, crowded, sparse, forked, on stem or just cap; spore color (take a spore print by putting a cap under a glass for a few hrs), inside and outside of the stem, overall dimensions, habit (clustered or single), mycelia (color, presence as fans under bark or thick layers in wood), color of incipient decay (wood more or less hard but a different color), smell, presence/absence of zone lines in the wood, and substrate (live tree, deadwood, log, ground). Plus, take one and leave it in a paper bag to dry; an expert can tell a lot from a dried specimen 9especially if you include the fresh specimen notes).

Everything about this 'shroom says oyster mushroom, at least based on what is in the photo.

Back