Garn OWB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beaverb01

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I will be purchasing an OWB this summer and would like to hear from folks who own a Garn. Central Boiler has a rep not far from me, but the Garn looks interesting, although their web page is imo pretty lame.
Any info will be appreciated. Thanks!

Beaver :greenchainsaw:

I just don't like the idea of starting a new fire everyday u need heat. Sounds like a pain, but efficient I guess.

I havn't figured out what the big deal is with making a fire once a day. I wish that was all that I had to do. The hell with loading the woodstove 3 to 5 times a day depending on the outside temps.

I HATE having to start a fire, so I'd much rather fire up a few times a day.
Thats just me. You also have to sit by the burner for a few hrs and throw dry small wood in constantely to keep a screaming hot fire going for a few hrs. I'd rather just burn a slower constant fire.

I would also like to hear more about the Garn system. I have to light a fire every day after work now so I dont think its a big deal. Im thinking a beer fridge in the same shed could make it real nice. :givebeer:

There is a nice video on them. I think its on their web site. Like a 10 minute video.

I watched that vid too. Looks like you can look at the temp of the water and burn till it gets to 190ish and your done for the day, or more. I could deal with that.

Back