G'day from down under!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cladocalyx

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Many internet searches have led me here before, so why not join!

I heat with wood, own a "few" saws, cook with it through the cooler months, love cutting and splitting it, sell a bit and like tinkering with saws (I caught the bug!!).

Until last year I had not really cracked into a saw besides sharpening, cleaning and basic maintenance until I met my mentor, an ex stihl tech in his 70s that still fixes and fiddles with saws, snippers and stationary's. Now, I have more confidence, access to a wealth of knowledge, more specific tools and hear some ripper stories and yarns!

Keep ya chains sharp!

Many internet searches have led me here before, so why not join!

I heat with wood, own a "few" saws, cook with it through the cooler months, love cutting and splitting it, sell a bit and like tinkering with saws (I caught the bug!!).

Until last year I had not really cracked into a saw besides sharpening, cleaning and basic maintenance until I met my mentor, an ex stihl tech in his 70s that still fixes and fiddles with saws, snippers and stationary's. Now, I have more confidence, access to a wealth of knowledge, more specific tools and hear some ripper stories and yarns!

Keep ya chains sharp!
Let me be the first to welcome you here, define a "few" saws?

Thanks Grizz for the welcome! Umm well you know... a saw for this and a saw for that... 😂

Ready to go there's 5 of mine, from a cs2511tes to a 3120XP plus a mates 576XP and 395XP I've worked on, look after and use if needed.
There's other old saws I have that need some love, time and parts too. From 1-51 macs to Dads 070 and solo rex.

I can see what's coming next. You are from down under as is the Crocodile Dundee , So If He says "That is not a Knife, This is a knife" are you gonna Say "That is not a saw......and WELCOME
Cheers for the welcome. Well, we don't wanna go comparing bar sizes by the wood trailer just yet...but I did pick up a steal of a deal on an old, unused big bar not long ago!

Thanks Grizz for the welcome! Umm well you know... a saw for this and a saw for that... 😂

Ready to go there's 5 of mine, from a cs2511tes to a 3120XP plus a mates 576XP and 395XP I've worked on, look after and use if needed.
There's other old saws I have that need some love, time and parts too. From 1-51 macs to Dads 070 and solo rex.
You're gonna fit right in! 😂

Latest posts

Back