Get to know your UPS guy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rarefish383

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I've got an insiders edge on the UPS guy, I work in the yard shifting trailers. One of my buddies knows I'm into old Homelites. A while back he told me one of his customers had a couple old Homies I could have. One is a Super XL with a 20" bar and the other is an XL 924 with a 20" bar. Check out the lettering on the XL bar. The 924 is pretty dirty, I think it will clean right up, it's a layer of dirty oil from sitting for several years. I had to put a shot of mix down the carb, on the 3rd or 4th pull it fired up, man that thing sound like it has some grunt. I planned on cutting down 3 dead Oaks in the woods tomorrow, hopefuly I can give her a go. 82 cc's and 20 inch bar sounds like fun. I can't believe how small the 924 is in comparison with my 1050's.

The fellow that gave me the saws said he has 4 more at home, another XL, 2 Super 2's and an old Mac. He said he thought there was something wierd about the Mac, he thought it had a belt drive or something. Any of you Mac guys have an idea what saw it might be? Joe.

002-14.jpg

001-21.jpg

Latest posts