Getting ready for Eagle River

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Cahoon

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Did a carb change over on Mikey Forrester's rotax this weekend. Got rid of the mikuni carb and put on a keihin 42mm pumper carb. Had to make a new manifold, with a new cable linkage, velocity stack, resize the reedcage holes from 5mm to 6mm and move the rear handle back to it's original place. Jetted and rejetted(to rich) then did some test cuts last night. Picked up .3's of a second over the old carb set up on the first test cut. Made about 3 more cuts and broke the chain. Fixed the chain and a few of the teeth we broke off, and then waited for more testing this morning. We tweaked the Lo and the High needles a bit and tried somemore test cuts. WOW! it came alive. Everything is dialed in.
Mikey, Melvin Lentz and myself are now planning to go to Eagle River, Wis. Feb.18, for a little preseason racing. Somemore of the Stihl Timbersport Series guys are supposed to be there. Just what we want....a little competition to compare to. Hope to meet Cliff Helsel too....should be a fun road trip.
500sidecases015.jpg

500sidecases014.jpg

Last edited:
Dennis Cahoon said:
Did a carb change over on Mikey Forrester's rotax this weekend. Got rid of the mikuni carb and put on a keihin 42mm pumper carb. Had to make a new manifold, with a new cable linkage, velocity stack, resize the reedcage holes from 5mm to 6mm and move the rear handle back to it's original place. Jetted and rejetted(to rich) then did some test cuts last night. Picked up .3's of a second over the old carb set up on the first test cut. Made about 3 more cuts and broke the chain. Fixed the chain and a few of the teeth we broke off, and then waited for more testing this morning. We tweaked the Lo and the High needles a bit and tried somemore test cuts. WOW! it came alive. Everything is dialed in.
Mikey, Melvin Lentz and myself are now planning to go to Eagle River, Wis. Feb.18, for a little preseason racing. Somemore of the Stihl Timbersport Series guys are supposed to be there. Just what we want....a little competition to compare to. Hope to meet Cliff Helsel too....should be a fun road trip.
500sidecases015.jpg

500sidecases014.jpg
Hey Dennis, I talked to Cliff tonight and he said that Jason,Phill,EJ,Fremans,Curt,And himself were all signed up to race there.he said he was looking forward to see your 500 run.Im gonna ride along just for the fun of it. Thanks

Rick

Damn Dennis, that thing is sure pretty. That color scheme surely makes it stand out. Mikey needs some pink in there to compliment everything else.

I talked to Melvin a few days ago and he's keen on going.

I won't be able to make it this year. Kristy and I and the little girls are going on a Disney Cruise. A long awaited vacation that doesn't involve an axe. If you know what I mean.

Let us know how everything turns out.

all the best,
jamie

Hi Jamie....Mikey wanted to start gearing up for the Timbersport Series, since it's gonna start earlier this year. We've got his saw working real good, and I might end-up traveling with him for a little support and hotsaw help for the Timbersport Series this year. Hopefully it works out, maybe I'll see ya down the road. Later Dennis

Dennis Cahoon said:
Hi Jamie....Mikey wanted to start gearing up for the Timbersport Series, since it's gonna start earlier this year. We've got his saw working real good, and I might end-up traveling with him for a little support and hotsaw help for the Timbersport Series this year. Hopefully it works out, maybe I'll see ya down the road. Later Dennis

That'd be groovy. Quiet possibly we may have the opportunity to debate the finer qualities of strings with gland conditions (ie., bikinis). It'd be great to have you there actually. The guys that take the sport to seriously really make the Timbersports Series a little too hard for my taste. I like to surround myself with people who are genuinely fun to be around - that's Mikey - "FB Superhero" - to the max. Thus, please drop in and lend some sanity to the looney bin.

all the best,
Jamie

Latest posts

Back