getting started

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifixbuses

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Im new to the sight and new to perormance mods on saws. I am a good diesel mechanic with most of the tools i need to tear into anything,I have played with small engines mostly 4 stroke fourwheelers.
Im just not super familier with two strokes
My question is on an 038 super if i tore it apart and removed the base gasket replace it with honda bond or some sort of good sealant as well as replaced the rings, intake and exhaust gaskets smoothed out any super rough casting marks and opened up the exhaust (width only no hight /timing) would it be worth the roughly $45 -$60 in parts ? Ive never tore into a saw before but ive done a ton of quads and cars and trucks

33 views and no responces? I have thought this through a bit more and im thinking taking the roughly .020 out by removing the base gasket would change port timing if i am thinking of this right?

yes it would change the port timing;I don't believe you could tell the difference. you would be increasing the intake and decreasing the exhaust.Any ill effects would be off set by the increase in compression.there are many porting posts do a search on the chainsaw form and you get more help than I can give you. good luck Steve

Latest posts

Back