Gibbs Klimair Flipline Adjuster

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I consider it safe, (tightened beyond just "finger tight"). Not sure "why" they are not ANSI compliant yet are marketed and sold precisely for the purpose indicated.

Hired a guy. Starts tomorrow. Now I am at 14 guy's now. I really need a couple more climber's. Hard to find.
Gonna be a tough week but I will say 'It was a beautiful day!',,even if it is not.
We had our Christmas party last nite, (management with the owner), there were 10 of us and our spouses made 20.
We had our own dining room at http://www.pechanga.com/sections/dining/pages/greatoak.aspx
It was cool to see the guys from LA and Riverside. I did not know that we have 54 employees.
I drove there and only had 3 beers in the 5 hours me and my wife were there.
I live only 45 minutes from there so, that was cool.
Anyway, I will post some pic's of this removal tomorrow. Euc over glass.
Jeff :)

I consider it safe, (tightened beyond just "finger tight"). Not sure "why" they are not ANSI compliant yet are marketed and sold precisely for the purpose indicated.
If they are rated for 5000lbs and the manufacturer didn't label it as "not for life support" (I have seen that on piece rated for 12,000 lbs...I assume that is saying they don't want the liability, not because it is not strong enough) I am not sure that it is not ANSI approved.

Since I still have the "Z" in front of me for another thread...the closest thing I can find is 8.1.12 "Load-rated screw links used as part of a climbers work-positioning (suspension) system shall have a minimum tensile strength of 5,000 pounds (22.24kN) and shall be securely tightened to ensure that they will not unintentionally open during use".

Maybe 8.1.5??? "Arborist ropes, work-positioning saddles, and climbing equipment shall be approved by the manufacturer for use within the tree care industry". So if the twist clevis isn't marketed through the tree care channels (say, the manufacturer is a caving specialty company, so they just don't market to other industries...) you could say it is not approved.

I dunno. I was subject to a worksite inspection by a Ministry of Labour inspector last summer, and he had no issues whatsoever with my kit, incl. that offset clevis.
He was well versed in what to look for - mentioned he has investigated just about every serious or fatal incident involving a tree worker in the Province of Ontario in the last 8 years.

I "assume" (gritting teeth here) they do, but don't know for sure either way.
One thing I found interesting once I got over my initial "I'm busted now, dammit" shock upon seeing him getting out of his truck with his hardhat and clipboard. My saddle (Sierra Moreno) is not CSA approved, and I asked him about that little detail, and about my "homemade" spliced terminations on my lanyard & climbing line. He said that he is more concerned about the overall condition of gear he inspects, which he said generally falls into two categories: either very good, or very bad!!!

I have been toying with getting this set up by inventor Paul Cox (Wraptor inventor). I would have to have a swivel snap to keep it from kinking and I know just the snap. Video by Nick Boner.

I know I wasn't real clear on my set up but this is I roll. Bit old school but I like it and it's reliable I have never lost any part of my micro ascender ! All petzl stuff because it's what my guy carries I am kinda a simple set up dude
6u8ena8y.jpg
3e4ezyru.jpg
u4ytanyh.jpg
I dunno know if that loop is built for weight but I have no other spot to use kinda figured it would buy me at least a few seconds to try to get work ways

I know I wasn't real clear on my set up but this is I roll. Bit old school but I like it and it's reliable I have never lost any part of my micro ascender ! All petzl stuff because it's what my guy carries I am kinda a simple set up dude
6u8ena8y.jpg
3e4ezyru.jpg
u4ytanyh.jpg
I dunno know if that loop is built for weight but I have no other spot to use kinda figured it would buy me at least a few seconds to try to get work ways

That loop is not built for your weight. It might hold though.

Latest posts

Back