Glad I'm Not The Only One

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mirciulie

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score

This might sound funny! I'm glad that I'm not the only one that LOVES CHOPPING WOOD! For awhile I tought I'm some sort of freak :laugh: . All the people that I work with told me that at least. I remember even when I was in college. Use to go up on the mountains at my uncle's house after the finals and split wood and enjoy life at a slower pace. It' very good anger management I guess.

Just wanted to share this with you guys. I'll feel like home on this site probably. THE BIG HOUSE! :rockn:

Mike

This might sound funny! I'm glad that I'm not the only one that LOVES CHOPPING WOOD! For awhile I tought I'm some sort of freak :laugh: . All the people that I work with told me that at least. I remember even when I was in college. Use to go up on the mountains at my uncle's house after the finals and split wood and enjoy life at a slower pace. It' very good anger management I guess.

Just wanted to share this with you guys. I'll feel like home on this site probably. THE BIG HOUSE! :rockn:

Mike

I, too, enjoy being out there swinging away and seeing a pile of rounds turned into a rick of splits. Do about 10-12 cord for the past several years on a salvage operation. Most of that manually with the tough stuff run through teh splitter. Slowing down though (72) and only good for short periods at a shot. It still gets done since I don't have much else to do anyhow.

Harry K

Got rid of my splitter

I just got rid of my splitter a week ago. Prefer a splitting maul apparently. Good exercise, out in the sun, and yes, :help: , I enjoy it. I suppose some day I won't be able to swing a maul any more, but it ain't today! :hmm3grin2orange:

Ditto gents

I just got rid of my splitter a week ago. Prefer a splitting maul apparently. Good exercise, out in the sun, and yes, :help: , I enjoy it. I suppose some day I won't be able to swing a maul any more, but it ain't today! :hmm3grin2orange:
:clap: :clap:

Yep, gimpy as I am I love splitting by hand, even get my wood delivered in rounds just for the cardio-vascular workout, do wish I had access to a splitter for one particular load last fall of twisted fir, what a bear those rounds were even with the wedge and sledge, like I needed a load of splitting blocks! :censored:

:cheers:

Nothing like splitting some wood on a cold day. I split most stuff with a 20 ton 5 hp splitter but still go out with wedges, maul and axes when I have time on the weekends and something good to split like ash.

Splitting all day

I don't know what to say. I split wood all day yesterday and still have to stack half of it and a bit more to split. U know the gnarly ones that I pushed aside. My back is screaming murder! I know that it's good for me though.

Splitting all day

I don't know what to say. I split wood all day yesterday and still have to stack half of it and a bit more to split. U know the gnarly ones that I pushed aside. My back is screaming murder! I know that it's good for me though.

My girlfriend thinks I'm obsessed with wood ( ;) ) and I admit that I am.

Welcome to the site.

It's a good workout, and not too much i love more than seeing my massive collection of stacked firewood, its beautiful haha

90% of it by hand with a #8 maul and 3 wedges

Dad said that the fitness center is to expensive to join so he bought me a splittin; axe instead, It is great exercise, gives you mindless thinkin' time, and hell when you're tired you have somthing to show for your efforts. works for me

Dad said that the fitness center is to expensive to join so he bought me a splittin; axe instead, It is great exercise, gives you mindless thinkin' time, and hell when you're tired you have somthing to show for your efforts. works for me. wait now , that I think about it Dad bought me a new snow shovel for Christmas one year too, wonder why my good for nothin' brother didn't any gifts like mine

I also ENJOY splitting with a maul. Those daily frustrations just melt away and pounding the daylights out of a particularly obstinate chunk to finally make it see things your way is rewarding, too.

It's a good workout, and not too much i love more than seeing my massive collection of stacked firewood, its beautiful haha

90% of it by hand with a #8 maul and 3 wedges

No doubt !!

Cuttin, splittin, stackin wood, is good for your overall health.
Mentally and physically.
If you notice in almost all the pics on this site,
everyone looks to be in at least, GOOD shape.

Could you imagine a new weight loss program,
sponsored by Stihl ??

Lose 10 lbs. in 10 days with a MS 361 ??

$$$$$$$ CHING, CHING !!!$$$$$$

:rock: :rock: :rock:

When I first joined the site I felt the same way. I was amazed after a few days to see that I wasn't some odd ball weirdo who was really into wood and splitting and trees in general. It amazed me to see how many others are as passionate and intrigued and interested as I am. It makes one feel warm and welcome and safe. HAHA enough of that now,can ya tell I've had a few tonight?!? Anyway, yes I know exactly what you're saying. This is really a great site and a good place for people like us. Have fun and be safe. God Bless.

This might sound funny! I'm glad that I'm not the only one that LOVES CHOPPING WOOD!

Yeah, you're not the only one. After a day at work there's nothing I enjoy more than coming home and smacking rounds. I used to do it everyday but I'm slacking lately. :bang:

Carry on!:cheers:

If my back is with me and my foot and knees are up to it I find chopping wood to be great exercise for both the body and the mind.As has already been said it's a great workout plus you have a nice stack of wood to show for your efforts when finished!

No doubt !!

Cuttin, splittin, stackin wood, is good for your overall health.
Mentally and physically.
If you notice in almost all the pics on this site,
everyone looks to be in at least, GOOD shape.

Could you imagine a new weight loss program,
sponsored by Stihl ??

Lose 10 lbs. in 10 days with a MS 361 ??

$$$$$$$ CHING, CHING !!!$$$$$$

:rock: :rock: :rock:

All out of rep for ya, but I owe ya for that one.

Splitting wood is a great bit of exercise and stress-relief therapy. I set up the radio to listen to the various NPR shows I enjoy listening to, and set to it with the mauls. I did a bit of splitting this morning of the wood that CaseyForrest dropped off for me on Friday evening:

Sunday_Morning_Firewood_2.jpg

Now I can relax

Sweet.

Now that I see how many of you guys enjoy this Sport I can really enjoy and by proud of it.

That Stihl weight loss program sounds great. :hmm3grin2orange: We should talk to Stihl executives and get some percentage out of the deal!

I think I lost some weight already in the last week. At least I have better muscle tone.

I'll get another load sometime this week, but this time I'll take it easy with it. 4 truckloads in 2 days was too much for a beginner. :bang:

Latest posts

Back