GMC C6500 CLUTCH-Dealer says $8k to replace?? anybody have some insight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
boy that must be a pretty crazy grade you where working on. I've never ran the truck with the tires off the ground only a crane. i had a front outrigger put on the kboom so i can level out on hills a bucket having similar outrigger could be kind of sweet, when you get on a super steep grade its hard on the turret would be nice to be able to level the front as well as the sides.

i know if you go real far to one side with a bucket you can start breaking stuff underneath shackles springs and so on. the cranes outriggers extend far enough to get some serious height but they go straight down, i would guess it will go about 4 feet in the air. But even when they do training on kbooms they dont lift try and get the truck off the ground if you watch all of mike poors videos allmark ive never seen anyone try and level one like a crane.
I've only lifted it high a few times, like when I was stuck and needed to lay planks undder the wheels . And when I pulled the trans

Well it was my understanding with the front Tires off the ground you might stain your pants booming over the front.

It will tilt forward until the wheels hit the ground. When i have the wheels way off the ground like that, i put blocking under the front tires, and that solves the problem.

Well it was my understanding with the front Tires off the ground you might stain your pants booming over the front.

Listen I am 275ish my truck is rated for 350 with the liner , so I am ####ting my pants more often then not , if I gotta cut and throw and find myself holding on to a branch for a second or two I find myself looking at the ground to see what I am gonna land in/on if this thing ever throws in the towel LOL

Back