GOL game of logging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowe

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello,
Has anyone out there participated in this event? If so I would appreciate any feedback I could get on it, like what you thought of it and what you got out of it. I am looking into taking it so that it might help my resume a little. Any info would be appreciated, Thanks, Wade Huggins

The GOL program is a very good one I took it about 2 years ago and I liked it they do teach you the proper way to deal with certain trees,notches,different backcuts etc..If you have the chance you will definetly want to attend,and yes you are very correct taking this course will help your resume quite a bit,alot of guys up my way won't even give you a chance unless you have completed the GOL or other proper training courses.

later Rob..

G O L

I took the coarse two summers ago, and my chopper finished level 3 this last summer. We both feel that the coarse was well worth the time and $ spent. We both have been cutting for 30 yrs, and wondered how we stayed alive. The Game Of Logging instructors show us things that we where doing, to be more dangerous than we could believe. Plus they will show how to get a lot more production in a days time and a lot less tried at the end of the day.
Definantly take the coarse, it will save you money and keep you safer.
Ed K

IF you go and check out the Forest Apps website I would suggest looking at the Ebook that they sell and buy it there is alot of great info on there,Tim and the others explain proper felling procedures,back cutting,limbing,proper felling plan lay out etc..very good stuff it only cost $15.95 well worth it.

later Rob..

Hello Stihl Magnum,
I was on that site earlier but didnt look at the e-book I will check that out shortly. I didn't see anything about individual registration. I e-mailed them earlier maybe they will holler back before long. Anyway, I have been cutting for ten years now and I have spoke to a few guys who have cut as long as I have and longer some said they really got a lot out of it others really weren't so impressed but as I said I am hoping to beef up the resume a little in case of I decide to relocate. The woods are getting pretty thin around here, thanks for your replies take care Wade Huggins

Latest posts

Back