Good Compression Tester

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmswilson1

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am look to get a reliable compression tester. I've read alot of them are crap even when they are new could you guys suggest some accurate ones you've used, preferably around 30 dollars.

wmswilson1 Good Compression Tester

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I am look to get a reliable compression tester. I've read alot of them are crap even when they are new could you guys suggest some accurate ones you've used, preferably around 30 dollars

Man,,sign me up and put me on the list for a good,accurate,reliable comp tester for $30 !!

you could do like a lot of guys have done and get an "actron" for $30 and use it as a referance.
i took a saw to the dealers,had him test it on the shop one and read my actron accordingly.

Ma Barker Quote:
Originally Posted by roncoinc
i took a saw to the dealers,had him test it on the shop one and read my actron accordingly.

So how far off was it, Ron?

10 lbs,,theres is like a $350 mac or something... who knows how accurate thiers is ?? who knows how accurate ANY of them are ?? i like the one about using an air comp to calibrate,like a $5 air comp guage be accurate !!
i run into the same problem with RF measuring devices,,i find a standard and use the meter(guage) as a referance..like on a saw,replace the ring and see the % comp goes up.
then again 10 lbs on 100 lbs is only %10,not to bad for a cheap piece of equipment...10 lbs on 150 lbs is even better..

i don't know how accurate my actron is, but i have checked quiet a few saws, from new to not-so-new and the i see a typical range of numbers. i know that on most of my newer saws i will see 150-165 which should be fairly close. i'm not worried about 5-10lbs and it serves as a baseline for checking other saws.

Back