gorilla glue use on a chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl for life

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
well i bought this stuff a few months back to try it out and boy is this stuff great . so i came up with the great idea useing it on a chainsaw . so blah blah i had a striped falling spike hole and didnt really feel like filling it in and drilling it back out so i thought to my self and came up of the idea to of putting the gorilla glue in the striped hole and screwed the bolt in while it was drying and by next morning my god it we tight and i was able to take the bolt out an put it back in . since the glue expands when it drys it got real tight on the bolt . i cut alot of timber and the spike is still on there strong . so knowing me i wanted to try somthing else so . A saw came to the shop and had 3 cylinder striped bolts holes . i bought it for cheap . the top end was in awsome shape so i came up with the idea lets try the glue . well i did and what did u no its been 2months and tons of timber drop and bucked ready for the trucks . i cant believe this stuff works so well its made speechless.

ar you using the gorila glu on plastik saws it seams lik td be to hard to stik too a regelar bolt maybee it stick to plastic and the relly corse thred

(It's really tough to type Canadian with AutoCorrect)

Thanks for posting that. My experience has been that it fills gaps but only by expansion and it can also compress easily so joints can loosen up easily.

BUT, I'll try it on smaller gaps sometime and see what happens.

Latest posts

Back