Got gloves?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerstroke73L

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Check out my new furnace gloves:

xmas002.jpg

They're foundry gloves made of Zetex. Not only do they go all the way to the elbow, I don't need a poker to move splits around in the firebox! I can touch a flaming split just long enough to reposition it before I feel the heat through the double layer of Zetex and insulation with no damage to the gloves whatsoever.

Those are some nice gloves , but watch your eyebrows now that you are getting coloser to the fire.:hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie

I too have a pair of welders gloves next to the stove. I've found the stoves that load wood long ways in the front require gloves while the stoves that load wood from the end don't.

xmas002.jpg

They're foundry gloves made of Zetex. Not only do they go all the way to the elbow, I don't need a poker to move splits around in the firebox! I can touch a flaming split just long enough to reposition it before I feel the heat through the double layer of Zetex and insulation with no damage to the gloves whatsoever.

Amazing what leather can do - I use leather gloves from Costco when I handle the furnace - they let me grab the hot logs briefly too (as long as they aren't wet).

xmas002.jpg

when you wear those out, spring for a pair of the foil covered welding gloves

Fire company had a "cat stuck behind the oil tank" call one morning.

First thing I did was grab the asbestos gloves we use at chimney fires off the engine to take with me in the rescue.

As expected, Kitty was not happy when we got there :D Guy with the skinniest arm got to wear the glove to reach in and grab the cat while the me and an oil service guy used a 2x4 as a lever to tilt the tank enough to un-trap the cat.

Yeah, I tried that last year, and I'm very disappointed in the wear I'm getting. They were basically shot by the end of the season. :(

Yup that's my 30+ experience with leather gloves too...but they're still the best gloves to load the stove with.

That's just the way leather is; it's not like tptb cheapened up the product to sell more of it...I just hate it when they do that. Another reason why I call BS on the green movement being more political than environmental...they just don't give a damn about our created disposable society as long as they get their cut.

In a Nation of waste makers leather gloves are still the real McCoy they always were. Sorry for the mini rant.

Just handling wood. Loading it into a hot stove, nothing more. :confused: ANd that not even every day!

I don't even use them to bring the wood in the house. :(

I have a boy for that! :D

Latest posts

Back