Gotta Brag....6yr. old son

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morewood

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I've been pushing hard for the last two weeks to get all of our split wood stacked/put up. My son has helped off and on. Today we moved two trailer loads up to the barn to have a source of dry wood no matter what. With the first load he helped stack and get the wood off the trailer. With the second load, he moved and unloaded almost the whole trailer load:msp_ohmy: I would guess he touched 80% or more of that wood. With him doing that I was able to get it stacked without much trouble. :rock: I've alway's been tough on him, but today I am unbelievably impressed with what he has done. I haven't stopped telling him, well, in between him asking me to feel how big his 'guns' are:smile2: Just had to tell someone, and you guys are the perfect sounding board. You know, it's rare to see kids do this type of work without being made to do it.

Shea

PS--Can you tell I'm proud of him?:rock:

Also, can you guess how many Hulk grunts I heard as he chunked wood off the trailer?:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Awesome!! Kids are pretty fun when they start showing how much they are capable of.

64 Hulk grunts? Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I''m proud of him and he isn't even my kid. Set a good example for your kids and give them something to strive for. Imagine all of the good firewood days ahead for you and your Son. Mine is 21 and in college and we just don't have the time or schedules to do much wooding anymore. I miss it but I'm really happy for you.

64 Hulk grunts? Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I''m proud of him and he isn't even my kid. Set a good example for your kids and give them something to strive for. Imagine all of the good firewood days ahead for you and your Son. Mine is 21 and in college and we just don't have the time or schedules to do much wooding anymore. I miss it but I'm really happy for you.

That number may be fairly accurate....or on the low side. I feel for you, it has to be hard when the boy goes away. I really want him to do well as he gets older, just don't want to push so hard he can't reach the goals.

Shea

PS-I heard "no Dad, I got it" alot:biggrin:

Six years old and he humped all that wood?!? Awesome!

I woulda petered out and took some breaks, and no hulk grunts, just mostly "aieee, hope me back makes it..grumble..."

;)

I don't know how many hulk grunts you heard... by I know what they sound like.
I have a 4-year-old that is convinced if daddy can do it, so can he.
I don't understand where they get all that energy... and the next day when I'm limpin' through the house all bent over and groanin' he's ready to hit it again... hardly seems fair!

Sounds like you're raising a good one!

My "career" in firewood started about that age, hauling wood from the trailer to the stack or the stack to the house, and Dad would stand there and do the stacking.

I still ain't as good as he was at stacking, and I blame him fully for depriving me of practice in those formative years :laugh:

Back