Granberg sharpening method

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkwish

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Regarding modifications to my slabbing mill. Does anyone know if I can turn the Greenberg chain system into a 'skip tooth' type. What I propose doing is to leave the slicing tooth immediately in front of the clearing tooth and remove the next slicer and clearer, continuing this sequence for the entire chain. Would this be the best slicer to leave in front of the clearer.
The reason I need to look at this idea is so that my chainsaw mill will be easier to drive through, and handle, our Australian hardwoods with a slabbing bar and chain.

Regarding modifications to my slabbing mill. Does anyone know if I can turn the Granberg chain system into a 'skip tooth' type. What I propose doing is to leave the slicing tooth immediately in front of the clearing tooth and remove the next slicer and clearer, continuing this sequence for the entire chain. Would this be the best slicer to leave in front of the clearer.
The reason I need to look at this idea is so that my chainsaw mill will be easier to drive through, and handle, our Australian hardwoods with a slabbing bar and chain.

Back