• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

GRCS for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you still have this GRCS for sale? When was it purchased new? Is it the latest version? Would you be willing to share the original receipt if I am going to purchase it?
Bob

Good Rigging Control System.

Like a portawrap on steroids. Very sweet bit of kit! I had a long hard look at one but the cost over here is nuts. It would pay for itself but the initial outlay is substantial. I can get by without one.

From memory it's (WLL) of 2,000 lb is the same as my Buckingham large portawrap..... can be used like a portawrap for lowering but swap that out for the GCRS capstan winch for lifting and it has two settings one gives a 44:1 and the other a 22:1 mechanical advantage. Very handy as you can lift heavy things easily due to the mechanical advantage. Can't do that with my portawrap. :( I would use it all the time but the cost over here is crazy expensive! Try $3500 with tax!

upload_2014-11-29_13-34-43.gifupload_2014-11-29_13-34-49.gif

Good Rigging Control System.

Like a portawrap on steroids. Very sweet bit of kit! I had a long hard look at one but the cost over here is nuts. It would pay for itself but the initial outlay is substantial. I can get by without one.

From memory it's (WLL) of 2,000 lb is the same as my Buckingham large portawrap..... can be used like a portawrap for lowering but swap that out for the GCRS capstan winch for lifting and it has two settings one gives a 44:1 and the other a 22:1 mechanical advantage. Very handy as you can lift heavy things easily due to the mechanical advantage. Can't do that with my portawrap. :( I would use it all the time but the cost over here is crazy expensive! Try $3500 with tax!

View attachment 382677View attachment 382676

Slight correction, the 2 speed self tailing Harken B46 winch has mechanical advantages of 46-1, or 12-1...... I've had mine for 10 years. Paid for itself on the first couple jobs! I'd love to have the new model, with the longer capstan, as that would allow for 3/4 line to be used. The B46 only has room for 3 wraps of 3/4" line, not enough for heavy rigging and/or lifting. 5/8th is barely usable. ('16th is optimal. For lifting applications, such as storm work, a double braid spectra (dyneema) core full static line is the bomb..... 19k tensile at 9/16th with near zero stretcvh. NOT for dynamic rigging applications, such as negative blocking.

For negative blocking big wood, the Hobbs is superior, due to its large diameter and deep capstan.

Back