GRCS or H2 Hobbs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you prefer or would you buy?

• GRCS (Good Rigging Control System)

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • H2 Hobbs

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

UrbanLogger

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am interested in a lowering device, I am looking at the GRCS and the H@ Hobbs, what is prefered, and what (in your opinion) is better. They seem to be very similar and I can't seem to see any major diff. Does anyone know of any differences?

I should mention - the GRCS is about $2500 and the H2 is about $1800

I have a Hobbs II and was perfectly happy with it but I had access to a large number of volunteers so it didn't matter if I needed two guys on the Hobbs and one or two guys running a tag line. Because of some changes it looks like I'll be back to working by myself and one trusty helper until I can train a new group of volunteers. I took delivery of a GRCS this week for that reason and although I haven't used it yet I can already see that the advantages are going to be way beyond the savings in manpower. I'd suggest that before you buy send for the free DVD of the GRCS. I think you'll see the extra $$ may be worth it. When I had to choose the Hobbs was $1450 and the GRCS was 7 or 8 hundred more. They're a bit closer in price. Again, no complaints with the Hobbs. We dropped some pretty big chunks on it and it never burped. 'Just looks like the GRCS may be a better bang for the buck.
Phil

I am interested in a lowering device, I am looking at the GRCS and the H@ Hobbs, what is prefered, and what (in your opinion) is better. They seem to be very similar and I can't seem to see any major diff. Does anyone know of any differences?

I should mention - the GRCS is about $2500 and the H2 is about $1800
urbs go wit da grcs, best recommendation i can make , i woulda save thousands if i bought it first

I have only heard great things about both. I use a port a wrap and the fiddle block set up if I want to lift anything big. It is way more time consuming but it was much more cost efficient at the time. I still have the grcs on my wish list to santa.

Latest posts

Back