Great day in Northern VA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, a lot of nice saws in those pics, unlike the characters behind them...:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:
Hoss, congrats on a fine collection !!

Looks like a fun day Heymann, I really would have liked to join you. :cheers:

Great idea, Mark! I travel for a living..... Guess I need to start packing some PPE and a chain file.

I got me one of those Stihl log rollers like the ones behind Mr. Thall... got the log stand option too.:clap:
attachment.php

I made a log roller myself, and borrowed the Stihl name to make it worth a dang...:laugh: I only used is once, and noticed the hook radius is a little too small for bigger wood.

stihlhook.jpg

btw what is a log stand ... ?

More travel plans...

B200driver, if you overnight in Cedar Rapids anytime get in touch, we might be able to arrange something. I am 80 miles from the CID airport and know the route all too well. Des Moines is a possibility as well but I am about 120 miles from the airport there.

Belgian, I will be coming through Belgium sometime later in the month traveling from Amsterdam to visit a customer in France. We are supposed to spend a day or two in Belgium as well with a customer there. When I know the plan for sure I will be in touch to see if there is any way to pay a visit.

Mark

ever hear of the mirgols its a type of mushroom that grows in them mountains ?

i thought they were morel mushrooms, i've heard of them, but don't know anything about em...

i also made a log hook a few weeks ago, i was all proud of myself, went out to use it, and the dang thing broke in half (i used sprinkler pipe, and one of the joints was weak, and the pipe itself broke)

I have read before that Tom has a large amount of female customers. I can see why because he has good looks. The "no homo" part is a saying we younger guys say when we don't want to come off as a "gay" like calling Tom a good looking guy.:)

Just giving you a hard time.:greenchainsaw:

i thought they were morel mushrooms, i've heard of them, but don't know anything about em...

i also made a log hook a few weeks ago, i was all proud of myself, went out to use it, and the dang thing broke in half (i used sprinkler pipe, and one of the joints was weak, and the pipe itself broke)

well i mispelled it lol yea morel's they are good with scrambled eggs and all my relation in elkton va made me some one time while i was visting

you not to far from elkton by the location on your signature there
maybe you heard of jollets holler in elkton
down the creek side off hwy 340

calvin

Last edited:
Dang Tom--I didn't know you were such a little fella. :)

attachment.php

Well Space if you took the time to look behind ya instead of all that screaming and begging you would have realized its all in your head,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Belgian, I will be coming through Belgium sometime later in the month traveling from Amsterdam to visit a customer in France. We are supposed to spend a day or two in Belgium as well with a customer there. When I know the plan for sure I will be in touch to see if there is any way to pay a visit.

Mark

Mark,
that's great news. As soon as you know your travel plan, let me know and we'll arrange a visit to my place, show you my collection and have a nice beer togehter. I live about 70 miles east from Brussels, close to the dutch and german border. I travel a lot myself so let me know in advance so that I can 'arrange' accordingly. :)

Mark,

Did you get an address for me in Serling. I am tryng to get a package together for the east coast as well as a crate for the west coast. I hope to have brncreepers ready to go in 10 days.

Bill

Thanks Mark

I'm glad you pointed me to this thread. It looks like you had a great time with some big saws. I have been pretty busy lately and not had a chance to hang out on AS much so I missed this. Man what a collection Hoss has, and getting a chance to meet Hoss and Thall all in one day is sensory overload for a chainsaw guy. That is one fun time. JR

Boys, I am SOOOOOOOO hurt!!...Thall is only 1/2 hr. from me!!...Why don't a bunch of us do eiether a Mid-Atlantic or Va. GTG???

attachment.php

I customized my chaps with the spinning flywheel cover on the 73 right off the bat. I wasn't quite man enough to hold it away from my body while it was running. Hoss will have to remind us which big Homelite saw this is.

More yet, don't go away.

Mark[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mark for the visit and takin the great pics. The homie in that last pic is my xp 1000. Sorry I haven't posted before now my computer is out of commission until friday (I am on my wifes work laptop right now).

Latest posts

Back