Great saws of the 70s, 80s, and 90s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't specifically targeted joneserds because of them essentially being rebranded huskys. However, reading up about them and the 630 (and 670 and others) shows a brand loyal following, and obviously they aren't all just huskys with a sinister paint job.. If I see one for a decent price I'll snatch it up.

I haven't specifically targeted joneserds because of them essentially being rebranded huskys. However, reading up about them and the 630 (and 670 and others) shows a brand loyal following, and obviously they aren't all just huskys with a sinister paint job.. If I see one for a decent price I'll snatch it up.

A 670 is a 268.

The Jonsred 621 and the Jonsred 910 are both true Jonsred saws that deserve consideration. The 621 at 56 cc's was revolutionary and set the standard high for all saws that followed. The 910 was the last true Jonsred saw manufactuerd before the Husqvarna acquisition. 910 was 89 cc's I believe.

Mark

I do want to give a very honorable mention to my John Deere CS-40. They stopped making parts for it 10 years ago. For 17 years, despite my abuse (leaving fuel in it for a year, then running it, for example...but not EVERY year), this saw was unstoppable year after year. Two pulls and it was ON! I did buy a new saw, but won't entirely give up on my Deere (or should I?). It only runs with the choke on now...turn the choke off, it dies. Again, there are no more parts available for this machine, at least from JD.

I do want to give a very honorable mention to my John Deere CS-40. They stopped making parts for it 10 years ago. For 17 years, despite my abuse (leaving fuel in it for a year, then running it, for example...but not EVERY year), this saw was unstoppable year after year. Two pulls and it was ON! I did buy a new saw, but won't entirely give up on my Deere (or should I?). It only runs with the choke on now...turn the choke off, it dies. Again, there are no more parts available for this machine, at least from JD.

Sounds like a cracked diaphragm.
I've got an old JD backpack blower (bp40?) that is just an unstoppable workhorse. I think your saw is a rebadged echo, just like my blower is. If you can find the original echo model, there should be plenty of parts available; that's how I got a new blower tube and carb kit for it.

They are built to last, and aside from the weight, it's every bit the blower my echo bp500t is, and I'm certain it will outlast it.

Want a JD blower to match it? Lol

If memory serves me correctly j reds were the original husqvarna rebranded them in orange

Sounds like a cracked diaphragm.
I've got an old JD backpack blower (bp40?) that is just an unstoppable workhorse. I think your saw is a rebadged echo, just like my blower is. If you can find the original echo model, there should be plenty of parts available; that's how I got a new blower tube and carb kit for it.

They are built to last, and aside from the weight, it's every bit the blower my echo bp500t is, and I'm certain it will outlast it.

Want a JD blower to match it? Lol

From what I've read, John Deere's were made by Efco....an Italian company. I found a local dealer near me and will see if it's fixable.
It just didn't make any sense...it ran beautiful for 2 days straight...2nd day better then the first. That night, I filled up with fuel and oil...laid it on its side for the next day. Started it on day 3, would die when throttled, useless....now it only runs with the choke out.
Played with the new Husqvarna 440e today...finished what I started with the Deere...nice saw.

Back