great site

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craiggy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have been reading posts on this site for the last year or so,and finally decided to join. It's a great website, very informative and entertaining especially for all of us chainsaw junkies. I find any post on sharpening very interesting,it is amazing all the different styles used by everyone. I have been logging for 10 years or so and have recently gotten into pre commercial thinning in the last 2 years,because machines are taking over in our area. saws I own are 357xp,346xp,stihl fs 550.(brushsaw) used to own a 262xp(best saw I ever had). I have seen alot of problems with the new husqvarnas especially crankcases breaking. I had four break on one saw!!!!!!, I know alot of guys that have had them break as well. Let me know of any problems you all have seen with the new husky saws.

craiggy said:
I have been reading posts on this site for the last year or so,and finally decided to join. It's a great website, very informative and entertaining especially for all of us chainsaw junkies. I find any post on sharpening very interesting,it is amazing all the different styles used by everyone. I have been logging for 10 years or so and have recently gotten into pre commercial thinning in the last 2 years,because machines are taking over in our area. saws I own are 357xp,346xp,stihl fs 550.(brushsaw) used to own a 262xp(best saw I ever had). I have seen alot of problems with the new husqvarnas especially crankcases breaking. I had four break on one saw!!!!!!, I know alot of guys that have had them break as well. Let me know of any problems you all have seen with the new husky saws.

4 cranks in one saw???!!!
Maybe time to start looking at Stihl:laugh:

357 had crankcase breaking problem few years back,breaking around the chain catcher or at the brake handle attachement on clutch side usually.Many have been replaced all under warranty by reinforced ones,and its true that guys break sometimes many of them.

Thanks for the replies,what I mean by new saws is the 3 series of saws (357,346,etc...). I had 4 crankcases break, each one on the clutch side up on the mount that secures the break handle, the last one lasted 2 weeks, I do not abuse any of my saws and have owned at least a dozen husky saws prior to buying the 346 and 357, unfortunately I have had more prolems with these 2 models than all the other previous huskqvarna saws I have owned. The 254 xp and 262xp were the saws of choice here for years and were excellent performers,I personally believe that the build quality was superior on my older saws than the 2 new ones I currently own. Ihave seen as high as 2000 cords of wood cut on some of the 254xps I have owned, I would always change the piston and ring for every 3-4 months of everyday cutting.;)

Back