Greetings from the Pacific NW

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fly2mike

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello, new here, and relatively new to making old chain saws run. I have been becoming obsessed with old chainsaws for some wierd reason. I've been using an old Homelite Super XL for a few years now after rebuilding the carb., etc.. Now I am fixing up an old McCulloch Pro Mac 10-10, and trying to get an old Craftsman 2.3/16 running. I have many questions on these things, and hoping to get some help from the guys here.

I'm obsessed right there with you! I just traded for a Stihl 038AV Magnum II, and I am doing some work to my old McCulloch Super 2-10 Automatic.

I used to have a Homelite Super 2 that I gave to my brother. Today he traded it for a red Homelite Super XL Automatic.

Awesome! I got my Mac Pro Mac 10-10 running good, but it still needs some fine tuning I guess, it doesn't always want to run when I first start it, it will die if I don't pump the throttle, then it will run great after a few minutes of that, but overall it is a total beast!

Back