groundmen (drive me nuts, make me laugh,....)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really Vet, who is going to answer an add like yours without having to mental mindset for digging? Who is going to be able to keep up without that same mindset?

And it doesn't appear that you even offer health insurance. What kind of work is that? Definaltey work for a fire digger.

You can't teach a man to dig fire, once he has his mind set to digging there is no stopping him or any of the folly sure to ensue.

First of all this guy's main attraction to his business is that it is "affordable". Any service that has that on the marquis isn't worth schit in my opinion as they should be promoting the virtues of their company, not the fact that it is cheap. Also I have my doubts that this guy went to Davey and told them that he was starting his own company while being hired and they were fine with that and hired him and told him to just do that on his own time...I call bs on that. Would you hire this clown Jeff? I wouldn't. Next...he is gonna start his own company and he is just a gm and has a huge pimple on his ascs about climbers. Hope momma's got a job cause she gonna be paying all the bills while he stays home watching Jerry Springer.
Davey was honest with me when I started with them and I was honest with them. I don't steal clients never have never will the main thing they told me when I started was to stay out of Oakland county and stay in Genesee county. They aren't worried about me stealing their stuff because they know I am better equipped for climbing, rigging and chainsaws than they are. I don't have an ax to grind with all climbers just the ones who think that their **** don't stink and that they are god in the tree and when you can see somthing on the ground they can't. And they still blow you off it pisses me off. Usually when they do that something gets broken. And a lot of the tree services in my area didn't teach me anything due to the fact that they are all considered hacks by me. They all spur trim jobs and feel that breaking branches in other trees when rigging is just a free pruning job. So you can take it for what it is worth but until you have met me in person and seen my work ethic or seen how I run my company don't give me ****. I have a high level of respect for you and Jeff and all of the other guys that have been in the business for such a long time. But the reality is eventually you will time out and guys like me that want to do it right in this business are the future of it.

And my company isn't named affordable tree that was what I wanted to do when I joined the sight but there were two of them in the state already so I chose the name Arbor Care Tree Service LLC and my mom doesn't pay my bills I do and I don't watch tv all that much.

just what do you perceive that you are doing right and Jeff and I and other vets aren't? I have a tree library with over a 100 texts and been thru them more than once...been a CA for over 20 years and passed the test without studying, studied with Alex Shigo personally and at length. If it is TD's, I'd make you look like a beginner and embarass you hopelessly in comparison.

Got a website?

I am not saying you are doing anything wrong I am saying that I want to build my company to your level if not bigger. I don't have a website yet due to the fact that I have only been in business for a year and gross receipts for that year part time were only $23000 because I am still building a customer base from scratch and not taking them from precious employers. I have no doubt that you could make me look like a beginner. Because I am. I am fast learning and most of what I know is self taught through the school of hard knocks in the woods. I have tried working for a decent small company but didn't pan out on the fact of a lack of a normal pay check.

Lmao. "Just do your job well, boy (lord knows we can't do it without you). You can takeover Genesee county with your (admittedly) formidable skills, but stay away from Oakland". Sounds like a reasonable enough deal to me.:)

Haven't been able to get ISA certified due to the three year experience issue. You can't legally have three years in the tree biz till you are 21. I will get the cert when I turn 21 and no I won't study. I passed my class A CDL test without studying so woopty do

you won't pass the CA without studying
Treevet, not to jump in here, but I would bet money that many guys I know in the business that are not CA could pass the CA test without studying. When I took it, I thought why did I study so much. I think it could be much harder.

Wow, for a minute, I thought there was going to be a pissing contest, and my umbrella is out in the truck!

AffordableTree is putting it out there but TreeVet keeps knocking back......I haven't seen such a good tango on AS for a long time

Treevet, not to jump in here, but I would bet money that many guys I know in the business that are not CA could pass the CA test without studying. When I took it, I thought why did I study so much. I think it could be much harder.

I heard it changed from 100 questions to 50 questions but still a 21 year old kid better study or he wastes a few hundred bucks. I will bet you twenty and I can check if you passed Affordabubble buddy.

And my company isn't named affordable tree that was what I wanted to do when I joined the sight but there were two of them in the state already so I chose the name Arbor Care Tree Service LLC and my mom doesn't pay my bills I do and I don't watch tv all that much.

the big question here is....do you still live with your momma?

I heard it changed from 100 questions to 50 questions but still a 21 year old kid better study or he wastes a few hundred bucks. I will bet you twenty and I can check if you passed Affordabubble buddy.
I had a guy work for me and he taught me a ton about trees. He came to work for me and I told him he should take the test and he damn near aced the test. He was in the business for 30 years before he took it.....not sure why....he told me he didn't need the ISA to tell him what was right and wrong about tree work. I thought it would be good for our business. I took the test after he passed and felt like he was right becuase he taught me about everything that was in the book and test.

I guess it is what it is......and what you believe it to be.

Treevet. I will be more than happy to let you know when I take the test. But I have two years until that point being that I am only 19 and yes I am living with my parents for now. I have two months and I will have my own place. I am just figuring out this whole land contract thing.

Latest posts

Back