Had to fire the outside heater back up this afternoon!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave_dj1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I'll be a son of a %#@& if it wasn't 40 degrees out this morning and it's supposed to get down even colder tonight. So, after work I fired up the outdoor heater, waiting for it to get above 60 in here! LOL
Mother nature is a dirty rotten (word I can't say on here) LOL
Good thing I have some wood left over.
Stay warm folks.
dave

It was 33 here this morning, widespread frost. Tomorrow the forecast is for 90. I finally shut my OWB down today. Gotta love this weather.

Sounds like the cold front I was dealing with late last week finally made it to you.

I had the "stovace" going Friday night, dropped into the 20's by Saturday morning. Had plenty of sunshine Saturday and Sunday so the house warmed up nice even though it was only in the 50's... but it was only 64[sup]o[/sup] in there this morning. I'm hoping that was the last winter blast... really, really hoping!! Besides, we need to get the farmers in the field planting this week or it'll flat be too late for any sort of reasonable yield.
It's 68[sup]o[/sup] here this afternoon and lookin' for something near 90[sup]o[/sup] tomorrow with high winds, then upper 70's for the remainder of the week... and "they've" put us under a "fire weather warning" because the humidity level is supposed to be near non-existent... LOL! Yeah, that's right, we're gonna' go from March straight into August, just skip April, May, June and July altogether!! LOL!!

Craziest darn spring weather I can ever remember.

Last edited:
Yea, getting ready to fire up the stove now, called the wifey from work earlier and she said the the heat was on 65. OH NO.:msp_unsure:

Where I'm at the weather service is calling for sporadic frost with a low in the 30's. But then last night it was supposed to be the same and it only dropped to about 42 degrees. As a precaution or just in case I brought in a 30 gallon trash can of firewood (a mix of poplar n oak).

But not to worry, it's all this global warming they keep talking about. The arctic is melting, and some animals they say will die off as a result. Sometimes I have to wonder what planet they're on because surely it isn't this one! Global Warming my butt! :msp_mad:

I just fired the stove up and will fill-r-up in a bit. Across the way I see other smoke signs from others doing the same.

Ted

32* this morning- high reached 48* today. Mid 20's tonight. Except for a handful of days since last October the wood stove has run almost non stop. Next years wood has a serious dent in it already.

Sounds like the cold front I was dealing with late last week finally made it to you.

I had the "stovace" going Friday night, dropped into the 20's by Saturday morning. Had plenty of sunshine Saturday and Sunday so the house warmed up nice even though it was only in the 50's... but it was only 64[sup]o[/sup] in there this morning. I'm hoping that was the last winter blast... really, really hoping!! Besides, we need to get the farmers in the field planting this week or it'll flat be too late for any sort of reasonable yield.
It's 68[sup]o[sup] here this afternoon and lookin' for something near 90[sup]o[/sup] tomorrow with high winds, then upper 70's for the remainder of the week... and "they've" put us under a "fire weather warning" because the humidity level is supposed to be near non-existent... LOL! Yeah, that's right, we're gonna' go from March straight into August, just skip April, May, June and July altogether!! LOL!!

Craziest darn spring weather I can ever remember.

no kiddin. we hit 90 on my wall thermometer today. forecast called for 75 this mornin. we started out the day at 40. i almost had to light the fire again but i just toughed it out

re-fired my OWB yesterday afternoon, so i'd be ready for the next couple of days..

oh well, i got some junk wood to burn up so it's outa my way anyhow..

Frost warning for tonight, got the big stove running about an hour ago. I still have wood on the porch that will have to be moved anyway, so what the heck....

Had a fire last night, and will do another one tonight. Last night got to the high 30s here, tonight low 40s, good enough for me to have a fire! This is the latest I have burned here.

I shut my OWB down a few weeks ago, it was hot enough here that we had the A/C on.
Now it's propane heat at night, seems to warm up fine during the day, just need it at night.
Oh well, it's only money I guess.

Latest posts

Back