Hahn Firewood Processor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schultzz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the HAHN HFP-160 Firewood Pro Firewood Processor Skid Steer attachment?

One of those was actually at my house last Friday. Unfortunately it arrived and left before I got home.

My neighbor ran through a nice little pile in about 20 minutes.

The guy who brought it is the original designer of it. He brought that and another, cough, toy for us to try out for a bit.

My take on the 160 is this from discussing it with my neighbor.

It's cool as heck. You can work wood in any temp from the comfort of a heated cab with tunes a beverage.

You need a skid steer with some serious a*s to run this. Hi flow hydraulics and an electric hook-up. My neighbor has a Cat 287C that was running this.

You have now dove into 404 processor chain world. I had to do some fast scrambling last Saturday to get another one made up. Not exactly something that sits next 24" LGX on the store shelf.

For Joe homeowner that burns under 10 cords a year, the cost is in no way justifiable. For a firewood business you can process a lot of wood.

We had the smaller length model here. Pretty much worthless to a certain point for boiler guys. However, these little pieces allow me to pack the firebox pretty good. A nice perk.

Hahn's site says it goes up to 28" so that wouldn't be so bad.

Just my thoughts.

Latest posts

Back