Happening again, buyer fails to show

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oologahan

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I posted about a chainsaw collection I had for sale that the buyer failed to pick up, now its happening again with a vintage garden tractor. I was paid in full (1400.00) in the first week of January and the guy was supposed to pick it up the first week of March, so far a no show and we're at the end of May. Last I heard was a month ago he said the freight company would be picking it up within 48 hours. No freight company and no phone calls. What is wrong with people?

Give a pickup date, and state in bill of sale after XX/YY/2023 there will be a storage fee of $ZZ per day
I got what your saying, but if they never respond or come to pick it up then how are you going to collect storage fees. I guess once storage fees reach the cost of the tractor it could be repossessed, but many shops have a policy of if left after 30 days past pick up date then the shop owns it. I was really hoping to have the room to store other things

I had this happen on the sale of a truck.
Guy left a down payment to hold it and all communications stopped.
He was in Quebec and im in BC
I waited a bit. Both the guy and his wife ended up in hospital.
The deal did go thru.
Super nice peeps,, **** happenes.
He send me a card of thanks a year later.

So the guy said he hired a freight company to pick it up and they were supposed to be March 30th, four days later after they didn't show up I called the freight/shipping company and they claimed the engine blew up on their truck. They didn't bother calling me and telling me. They said another driver would be picking it up the follow week, that was over 6 weeks ago and I haven't received a call from the freight company or the buyer. We have these things called cell phones that can text, email, and make calls yet communication seems have gone extinct.

Had a '58 Mack a friend sold , he got paid in full ,, Katrina hit, lost contact with the buyer still no contact. The original seller died (96 yrs old) several years ago and his son still has the truck with no intention of reselling it. I see the truck and trailer sitting all lonely ....

I posted about a chainsaw collection I had for sale that the buyer failed to pick up, now its happening again with a vintage garden tractor. I was paid in full (1400.00) in the first week of January and the guy was supposed to pick it up the first week of March, so far a no show and we're at the end of May. Last I heard was a month ago he said the freight company would be picking it up within 48 hours. No freight company and no phone calls. What is wrong with people?
Nothing. Those people simply have more money than you.

I would prefer to have your issues than my issues. I paid many a man for tools and saws then they as the kids call it they "ghosted me" One was a guy in Oklahoma on a 16" Powermatic Planer. Another was up in Michigan on a pile of saws. I still have his phone number written into a shelf in the shop. I believe the area code was 231 or 213.

Latest posts

Back